Moving to P3D and TQ6 throttle quadrant

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JonP01
Airman

Moving to P3D and TQ6 throttle quadrant

Post by JonP01 »

Hi all,

I intend to move from FSX:SE to P3D at the same time I buy high end Virtual Fly gear (Yoko plus Yoke, Ruddo pedals and TQ6 throttle quadrant). I am getting the TQ6 because most of my flying time (and the most challenging rudder and stick piloting) is with a particular twin I fly. But I am still going to be flying the Connie for about a third of the overall time I spend with my virtual fleet. Just as an aisde though, I am holding off till this pandemic is well and truly over since a previous unrelated order from Spain got held up for 5 months and I just don't want to risk that again - so happy to wait even another year if I have to.

Bu since I cannot test any of this up-front, can someone confirm whether I would simply just have to go into the control configurations for the Connie (via the A2A app - not P3D itself) and allocate the left levers of the TQ6 to the left engines and the right levers to the right engines? Naturally I realise this is not going to be as good as having four sets of levers for four engines and props but Virtual Fly do not make such a product and even if they did it would be prohibitively expensive and pretty difficult to find space to mount!).

I am more than happy to make the compromise of one set of levers for two props on one side of the aircraft. Pretty minor compromise in the overall scheme of things, so I just want to make sure it will actually work at all before I go and blow all the money on the hardware along with the P3D migration!

Thanks

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”