Popping/Ticking/Clicking/Static noise every 5 seconds

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Major_Wasp
Airman Basic

Popping/Ticking/Clicking/Static noise every 5 seconds

Post by Major_Wasp »

In the Connie I'm getting a popping noise every 5 or so seconds, with a few more quieter pops sometimes in between louder pops. This only appears in the A2A Constellation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OX0vC0juhw Here is a video of the problem. The pops can be heard at 1 second, and 6 seconds. They're quiet, but loud enough that I notice them.

I've tried:
-Running P3DV5 in administrator
-Updating the Constellation
-Updating my sound drivers
-Running P3D with realtime priority
-Disconnecting all USB devices
-Using built in speakers instead of my wireless bose headphones.
-Fiddling with various P3D settings
-Disabling windows antivirus

Any ideas? It may seem small but the sounds are a big part in what makes A2A planes as good as they are.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Popping/Ticking/Clicking/Static noise every 5 seconds

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Major_Wasp.
I could not make out the noise regards to popping , and the ticking was so low i had to play the video several times , and i think i know what it is.
Do you have the engineer managing the engineers panal or are you doing the controls , if its the engineer controlling things , he is constantly monitoring the engines , and adjusting things , and i suggest you look at the bank of switches at the bottom of his control levers , and you will see the switches for oil coolers and prop sync being operated by him , i think that is the ticking/clicking noise you are hearing .
regards Alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Major_Wasp and welcome.

I can hear the click in your recording but when I tested in P3D with equivalent RPM settings, it's not audible, so it may be a quirk of your audio setup.

How are your audio devices connected to the PC? Is it via a built in (usually Realtek) audio chip, or are you using a USB sound device rather than the audio ports on the motherboard?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I don't think it's switch sounds Alan. They'd be quite a bit louder.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Major_Wasp
Airman Basic

Post by Major_Wasp »

Nick - A2A wrote: 21 May 2021, 06:05 Hi Major_Wasp and welcome.

I can hear the click in your recording but when I tested in P3D with equivalent RPM settings, it's not audible, so it may be a quirk of your audio setup.

How are your audio devices connected to the PC? Is it via a built in (usually Realtek) audio chip, or are you using a USB sound device rather than the audio ports on the motherboard?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I don't think it's switch sounds Alan. They'd be quite a bit louder.
This is a laptop, so it has whatever sound cards come installed with it. I'm using a wireless headset off the built in bluetooth module in the laptop.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks. Do you hear the click sound only when at least one engine is running, and if so, is it at a range of RPM settings?

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Major_Wasp
Airman Basic

Post by Major_Wasp »

Nick - A2A wrote: 22 May 2021, 18:21 Okay, thanks. Do you hear the click sound only when at least one engine is running, and if so, is it at a range of RPM settings?

Regards,
Nick
I only hear this sound when at least one engine is running, and I do hear it at a range of RPM settings

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”