low fuel causing people to treat me like a hero!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

low fuel causing people to treat me like a hero!

Post by R-2800-59 »

In my last flight I went from Frankfurt to Shannon and did plan my fuel to be as light as possible.
When I landed I had around 8 percent of my total fuel (what at least to me seems to be reasonably well planned for a reserve) left in the tanks.
However on descent the captain spoke about problems during the flight and apologized for any inconvenience when we went off the runway. I am dead sure that no one of my passengers had a fuel gauge on hand to recognize I was below 10 percent and panicked. there were no other issues on the flight.
Career module was stating me as a hero and no other complaints were filed.

Although I ran the latest update on the connie I still don't like the way they judge my fuel planning. As there is no unusable fuel level in the tanks I don't get why they freak out and tell me to land soon when there is more than one hour of flight time (not even mentioning the reduced consumption for descent prolonging my range) in my tanks left.

I tinkered around a bit and enlarged my outer wing tanks to 1850 gals each. This worsenes the problem as the module reacts on percentage on each tank more than the fuel weight in the plane what creates an issue even in standard layout because the outer tanks are significantly bigger and what will be 11 percent on the inner tanks is going to drive my crew crazy on the outers...

Right now I am across the pond and the headwind eats up my reserves, according to plan. I will still have around 2000 pounds of fuel in my plane when I land, on worst case. Still they will judge me - I feel deeply misunderstood :lol:

Is there any chance to change this? Didn't find a possibility for this in the files.

Many thanks

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: low fuel causing people to treat me like a hero!

Post by Tomas Linnet »

FSX? I believe the limit is changed in P3D.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

Post by R-2800-59 »

It's happening in P3D V4.5. I am using the afk module while not at the screen but there is no report on shift-2, turbulence or anything else but the outboards fuel level at or below 10%.
Actually in this moment I started the descent and captain apologizes again despite of clear skies and a smooth ride without any failures!

R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

Post by R-2800-59 »

I checked the updater again, stating my plane is up to date.
Did anyone encounter this with the new patch applied?

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”