Connie will not autostart

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: Connie will not autostart

Post by Hook »

If I remember right, the inboard tanks must have as much or more fuel than the outboard tanks or the FE gets confused and won't work the fuel valves correctly. In other words, fill the inboard tanks first, then the outboard tanks, and do not land if either outboard tank has more than 900 gallons of fuel. Also, do not let the fuel quantity in any tank get below 10% due to an anomaly in the emergency detection code. Typically this is not a problem.

Hook

DCAPilot
Airman

Re: Connie will not autostart

Post by DCAPilot »

Hook wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 15:08 If I remember right, the inboard tanks must have as much or more fuel than the outboard tanks or the FE gets confused and won't work the fuel valves correctly. In other words, fill the inboard tanks first, then the outboard tanks, and do not land if either outboard tank has more than 900 gallons of fuel. Also, do not let the fuel quantity in any tank get below 10% due to an anomaly in the emergency detection code. Typically this is not a problem.

Hook
That is interesting and good to know. Thanks for the explanation. I've usually filled them all evenly. I'll fire it up later and look at the fuel system. It sounds like the FE needs to have his code adjusted on his next refresher training session <G>.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”