missing GPU switch?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
cessna lover

missing GPU switch?

Post by cessna lover »

im trying to fly this as i have not flown it before. but i am having trouble with the GPU as theres no switch where it says GPU it's blank. im also having issues getting it to even start and stay running let alone fly :oops:

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: missing GPU switch?

Post by Tomas Linnet »

You’ll need to use the “shift+3” menu to order the ground crew to fire up the GPU.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

ah ok thank you. that's strange though cause the promo video shows the G.P.U switch is there. I wonder why mine is blank and don't have the switch? is this a bug or do I need to update the plane or reinstall it? and in the manual on page 100 the G.P.U switch is there :?:
Last edited by cessna lover on 23 Aug 2020, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

It was removed before release, no need to reinstall. Search the forum and you’ll find a loooong thread about the missing switch :wink:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 09:23 It was removed before release, no need to reinstall. Search the forum and you’ll find a loooong thread about the missing switch :wink:
oh ok thanks. so i'll try what you posted about the FE starting the G.P.U and see if i can get this thing to work before i go bald :lol:

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

i know this is not the same thing as the posted topic. but i GOT IT TO START YAY!!! :D im going to do a short test flight over to Indiana and try to land. you know the ole say what goes up must come down. well i got to get down with out scaring the you know what outta the passengers. :lol:

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

cessna lover wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 10:28 im going to do a short test flight over to Indiana and try to land.
Don't know how far into Indiana you're headed but there's a big runway at Grissom Air Reserve Base (KGUS) that would be good for practice.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

AviationAtWar wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 14:14
cessna lover wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 10:28 im going to do a short test flight over to Indiana and try to land.
Don't know how far into Indiana you're headed but there's a big runway at Grissom Air Reserve Base (KGUS) that would be good for practice.
i went to KFWA. i had some issues going in though. i lost engines 1 and 2 but i cheated and fixed them in flight. and the landing wasn't very good at all. over all i was not very happy with the flight at all. :(

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I'm envious, I'd love to lose two engines on a flight!

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

AviationAtWar wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 14:54 I'm envious, I'd love to lose two engines on a flight!
:lol: no ya don't trust me it sucks. just about made a giant hole in the ground.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

cessna lover wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 09:16 ah ok thank you. that's strange though cause the promo video shows the G.P.U switch is there. I wonder why mine is blank and don't have the switch? is this a bug or do I need to update the plane or reinstall it? and in the manual on page 100 the G.P.U switch is there :?:
I agree, that GPU switch will be nice to put it back in place.
Pat

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

trisho0 wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 10:02
cessna lover wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 09:16 ah ok thank you. that's strange though cause the promo video shows the G.P.U switch is there. I wonder why mine is blank and don't have the switch? is this a bug or do I need to update the plane or reinstall it? and in the manual on page 100 the G.P.U switch is there :?:
I agree, that GPU switch will be nice to put it back in place.
Pat
well yeah!! it's in the manual for the plane and it's in the promo video. not to sound mean. but it's weird that they removed that switch when they released this thing. seems like they took out just a touch of realism with that one. i can get the gpu to work. but it took me over an hour to find a switch that's not there :lol:

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Good thing is it made you really study the cockpit though didn't it.
Cheers
Trev

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

TreeTops wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 05:32 Good thing is it made you really study the cockpit though didn't it.
:lol: yes but i felt like a real doofus looking for something that's not there. and your the captain of this thing EEK!!! :lol:

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Just as well the FO was doing the preflight walk around. :lol:
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”