P3D v5 Connie seems to have duller aluminum finish

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

P3D v5 Connie seems to have duller aluminum finish

Post by Paughco »

Guys: My TWA Connie NC86517 seems to have a duller finish in P3D v5 than the same Connie in P3D v4. It looks like she spent a couple years parked out in the hot sun at the Pima Air Museum between v4 and v5.

Does anybody else notice this? Or does it have something to do with lighting settings in P3D v5?

Reminds me of a winter weekend I spent at Half Moon Bay Airport. My high school buddy and I were polishing and waxing a Cessna 182 in the hangar one evening. Serious "wax on, wax off" stuff, with Meguiar's polish and wax, and red shop rags. We had lots of time to talk about stuff. At one point, we imagined that they've got a bunch of C-99s waiting for us in Hell, and we'd have to polish and wax them from dullness to a gleaming sparkle. Of course, soon as we got the last one done, the first one would be dull with the beginnings of corrosion. Of course, behind the C-99s would be a line of C-124s, just waiting...

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3D v5 Connie seems to have duller aluminum finish

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes this is normal, and has been the same throughout the P3D life cycle due to the platform changes. Metal finishes in particular look different between v1,2,3,4 and now 5.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P3D v5 Connie seems to have duller aluminum finish

Post by Paughco »

She got most of her shiny beauty back when I slid the Dynamics Reflections slider all the way left to the OFF position. That's how I'm running it now.

Thank you
ATB

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”