Engine and accessories ground test question

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
blazer05
Airman

Engine and accessories ground test question

Post by blazer05 »

I have begun the introduction to this aircraft with the intention of learning how to fly it. Watching a video (early video) a comment was made that the suction gauge referenced for the Co-Pilot line 2 of this section in the manual should be 4 inches Hg. The pilot making the video could not get this gauge to show less than 5 inches and per his commentary - this prevented the FE from performing the engineer flows in this section.

A longwinded way to get to my question. Has this been resolved?

A search of the forums revealed one question on this issue with no responses or answers.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engine and accessories ground test question

Post by Jacques »

Hi Blazer,

I think the video you are referring to highlights a mis-understanding of what the virtual flight engineer can and cannot do. A2A has always referred to each aircraft as having a finite amount of room in which to add features. By having you, the pilot, run some of the checks normally done by the engineer in real life, more room is left in hand to add other features. Following the checklist in the manual, you can set everything up in the front while the engineer does his stuff, then pop back into his seat to do the engines and accessories checklist, then back to the captains seat and re-activate the flight engineer and your good to go! I actually spent more time in the FE position in the 377 during most of my long flights.

Regardless, there is no correlation between the what the vacuum gauge reads and the functioning of the virtual FE. The FE will work fine if all you would like to do is command the ship from the pilots seat, just that some of those checks will still need to be done by you, if you want to follow the checks through completely.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Also, I wasn’t sure if you had read this thread yet?

viewtopic.php?f=133&t=58123&p=448890&hi ... um#p448890

blazer05
Airman

Post by blazer05 »

Thanks I will read the thread you provided.

Franklin Duncan

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”