L-049 uninstallation process query

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
DaveRuk
Airman Basic

L-049 uninstallation process query

Post by DaveRuk »

Hi, running P3Dv4.5 here and I am contemplating a full sim rebuild. As part of that I wanted to check if there are any special steps to uninstall the aircraft which are needed to ensure re-installation goes smoothly.
As far as I can make out, the process seems to just the native Win10 Uninstall option in Win10 Settings, but if I need to include other steps I'd appreciate a pointer.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: L-049 uninstallation process query

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dave - welcome to the A2A forums.

Nothing special needed in terms of reinstallation really. However, in the time that the L-049 has been available for download there have been two versions of the installer available, so if you can let us know when you originally downloaded the product, we can tell you if you have the latest version. At present, this is 18.2.30.0.

It may be worth bearing in mind that if you installed outside of the P3Dv4 directory as recommended, there's nothing to stop you from doing a full, clean reinstall of P3D without having to uninstall the Connie.

Also, if you want to get rid of your accumulated hours and any aircraft aircraft records for the L-049, you just need need to manually delete the following folder and its contents:

C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\A2A\FSX\L049

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DaveRuk
Airman Basic

Post by DaveRuk »

Hi Nick and thanks for your help.
The product was downloaded direct from A2A and I recall it was the P3D Academic version. I do have the download (approx 284MB) and checking the details it shows v18.3.30.0

kind regards
Dave

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Dave.

Yes, that's the latest version of the installer (apologies, I made a typo above with 18.2.30.0) so you should be all set.

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”