Installing Lockhead Model 049

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
N618RC
Airman

Installing Lockhead Model 049

Post by N618RC »

I just bought the Connie for P3D v4 Prof. version. I am running P3Dv4 Prof. which I have had for some time now. When I try to install it I get a window that says it cannot find P3Dv4. When I downloaded the file it went to my D: drive where my download folder is. Thought that might be the problem so moved it to the C: drive where P3Dv4 is but got same result. I did purchase my P3Dv4 and registered it. I had no problem installing the A2A 182 and works fine. This is the exact wording of message: "The Captain of the Ship L-049 can't be installed because a valid installation of Lockhead Martin Prepar3d v4 has not been found on your computer." Any help would be appreciated, Randy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Installing Lockhead Model 049

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Randy,

This message indicates that the Prepar3D.exe can't be located in the location specified in the Windows registry.

If you've manually moved or renamed any of the P3Dv4 folders since installation, that would be one explanation for this.

Alternatively, it could be due to registry edits cause by a third-party program. You could try a 'repair' of your P3D installation via the Windows add/remove programs screen to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Nick

N618RC
Airman

Post by N618RC »

Thank you Nick, I went into add/remove and did repairs from there and it worked. I have my Connie, now I have to learn it once again. The fun of it all.

Thanks,
Randy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Randy. Thanks for the update and hope you enjoy getting reacquainted with the Connie.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”