A2A Aircraft Installation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
PFS
Airman First Class

A2A Aircraft Installation

Post by PFS »

It is SO frustrating installing A2A aircraft into P3Dv4... :evil:

Why can't A2A's installer be programmed to search for the P3Dv4 folder on one's computer, and then locate/install the A2A files automatically?

I have other A2A P3Dv4-compatible aircraft (172, 182, T6) installed... but just can't seem to get the Connie installed. Still trying... on about the 12th attempt... GRRR!

I right-click the L049_P3Dv4_Academic.EXE file.
I make sure P3Dv4 isn't running.
I get the "A2A Add-ons must be in one folder" message. Click OK.
The default location for the installation is: C:\Users\Moose\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\
My P3Dv4 is on my J: drive. SO, I navigate to the same path on my J: drive. Simple enough. Installation begins... Installation successful.
Fire up P3Dv4... and... no Connie.
What have I noticed, though? That there are too many "A2A" folders and "SimObjects" folders buried within each other:

Last edited by PFS on 30 Jul 2017, 16:07, edited 3 times in total.

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Aircraft Installation

Post by patful »

It worked fine on my system. Are you sure you're using the v4 installer?

PFS
Airman First Class

Post by PFS »

patful wrote:It worked fine on my system. Are you sure you're using the v4 installer?
Thanks for your response.
Yes, I'm using the v4 installer.
What I don't understand is... Why can't the A2A aircraft installation program, instead of displaying a default location, search and find your P3Dv4 installation location (like other P3Dv4-compatible products do), and then have all the aircraft files installed to their appropriate folders based on that?

I'm gonna kill every A2A-associated folder on my computer and start from scratch.
Last edited by PFS on 30 Jul 2017, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Not sure what's happening. My P3D4 is installed to my B drive, so not default. I never got the "A2A Add-ons must be in one folder" message. The Texan, Connie, and Comanche installs were identical. There should only be one other A2A folder nested inside the Addons/A2A folder.

Pat

PFS
Airman First Class

Post by PFS »

Yeah, here's the message I receive:

I click OK and make sure that P3D isn't running.

The thing is... I don't have to go through this BS with any other add-on aircraft, and I tried to locate its files with other A2A aircraft. Nothing has worked so far. So I'm going to delete every A2A folder and file on my computer drives, and start from scratch.
Maybe there's something unique about A2A aircraft, as opposed to ones from Carenado and other developers, as an example... But A2A aircraft are the only ones that have been a PIA to install to P3Dv4, IMHO.
I must be taking a mis-step somewhere along the line, but I haven't figured out what it is.

PFS
Airman First Class

Post by PFS »

The removal of all my A2A folders/files seems to be working, as I've gotten the Constellation to install.
I'll now go back to reinstall the 172, 182 and the T6...
Since hardly anyone else has had any significant problems regarding A2A aircraft installation, I figure the problem must be on my end.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

PFS wrote: I get the "A2A Add-ons must be in one folder" message. Click OK.
The default location for the installation is: C:\Users\Moose\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\
My P3Dv4 is on my J: drive. SO, I navigate to the same path on my J: drive. Simple enough. Installation begins... Installation successful.
Fire up P3Dv4... and... no Connie.
If I understand correctly you are navigating the installer to your game folder? There should be NO add-on aircraft installed to J:\~~\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes. The default path for P3Dv4 add-on aircraft is < C:\Users\Moose\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\ > on your system. That is where they should be going. Lewis posted a nice thread on how to install aircraft into P3Dv4 and even how to change the location to anyplace you would like. Here is the link.
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 08&t=59802
Anyways, it sounds like you have it working. Good luck

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

PFS
Airman First Class

Post by PFS »

Thanks, Roger!
I'll check out the link and work today on getting my A2A planes settled in a hangar outside of the P3Dv4 folder structure. :)

-Paul

modelr
Airman

Post by modelr »

I use a symbolic link to put my sim objects folder on a separate drive. Everything working well, so far.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Same problem, will not install.

When trying to load the A2A Connie I get a black screen as P3Dv4 freezes up.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Warbirds wrote:Same problem, will not install.

When trying to load the A2A Connie I get a black screen as P3Dv4 freezes up.
Are you letting the installer run through without changing the path? If so it should work.
Also, if you have installed incorrectly first there will be Connie files misplaced throughout your game folder and this could really mess with the game loading and running the aircraft.
Getting all these misplaced files removed will take some work.
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Thanks, I am letting the installer do it's thing without changing anything. I also run it as admin. The installer automatically points to "C/users/my name/Documents/Prepar3D v4 Files"

When finished installing I have two Documents folders then, one in users and one in "This PC/Documents"

I also checked the add on config and it is correct. I am beginning to think that PC Aviator (where I purchased) has a corrupt download for v4. To check this I deleted all A2A files in both Documents folders and then installed the Connie the old fashioned way and it still black screen'd and froze up P3D.

It is interesting that PMDG installs the 747 in v4 the old fashioned way and eliminates the Documents folder and it works !
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”