Sound question

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
canuck
Airman

Sound question

Post by canuck »

Not sure how to articulate this.. External view, fly by.. engine sound is not dissimilar to that of a 'rotac' engine at high rpm.. I sense that a great deal of effort has gone into simulating sound as the propeller rpm changes so that you get the sound of propeller tips going almost supersonic.. I thought this might be my rig, as I do not have a sophisticated speaker/woofer system.. The engine sound is very large, and over shadows all other sounds.. I thought to compare [with identical settings] the B377, and found that the engine sounds [although still very present], retreated into the background so that Heidi, the FE and FO call outs were quite audible.. I also note that there are more bass notes to the sound than with the Connie.. I will be the first to admit that I have not heard a Connie in real life so please accept my apologies right up front.. This is an outstanding simulation, and the period authenticity is beyond reproach.. Just wondering if I need to modify sound settings in FSX for the Connie vs the Strat?
Propliners Rule !!..

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Sound question

Post by Scott - A2A »

Canuk,

These sounds were taken from a Douglas Skyraider, which uses almost the identical engine. With the Connie, we also introduced a new sound system tech that simulates the actual cabin reverberations of the Connie, so it is not just a completely different engine to the 377, but the sound generation is different. So at the very least, it will sound different.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

canuck
Airman

Re: Sound question

Post by canuck »

Hi Scott.. Thanks for this information.. I think I need to invest in more sophisticated sound reproduction software/hardware.. :D I've been complaining that I need more horsepower..

Glenn
Propliners Rule !!..

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”