LVAR keys (cocpit builders)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
YoYo
Staff Sergeant

LVAR keys (cocpit builders)

Post by YoYo »

Hi,
is it possible to receive LVAR list commanad like this (C172 example) http://www.a2asimulations.com/Cockpitbu ... 20list.pdf ?
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Re: LVAR keys (cocpit builders)

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi YoYo,

If you use FSUIPC you can generate a list of Lvars using the 'List local panel vars' command. Assign this to a key or button and with the Connie open in FSX, a text file named 'log lvars.log' will be saved to the Modules directory. If you're not an FSUIPC user, let me know and I will post a link to my log file.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

renaissanceman wrote:Hi YoYo,

If you use FSUIPC you can generate a list of Lvars using the 'List local panel vars' command. Assign this to a key or button and with the Connie open in FSX, a text file named 'log lvars.log' will be saved to the Modules directory. If you're not an FSUIPC user, let me know and I will post a link to my log file.

Jim
TY!
I have full of FSUIPC version. Ok, I'll check this option. Id like to set up some of functions (like for gear up/down) on Saitek (Spad.next) panels.
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

lancealotg
Airman Basic

Post by lancealotg »

Great tip

Also, ever look at a free program called Linda.
I lets you assign joystick keys very easily, the Lvar hunting is mostly all done already.
They have a module for the Connie
I would not want to fly without Linda.

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

Jim
Cant find this option Jim.
Is it here?

Button and key oper.?

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

YoYo wrote:

Jim
Cant find this option Jim.
Is it here?

Button and key oper.?
Hi YoYo,

Open the Key Presses tab, set your chosen key combo and find List local panel vars in the pull down menu. Don't forget to confirm it. The Buttons + Switches tab works similar to this.

Hope this helps.

Jim

P.S. The resulting log contains all Lvars for the open aircraft including many that can’t be commanded. Some experimentation may be required. When I get back to my PC I'll see if I can find the landing gear Lvar.
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

This is probably the one you want:

L:LandingGearLeverPos

Parameter of 0, 1, 2 I believe. down = 2

Paul

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

renaissanceman wrote: Hi YoYo,

Open the Key Presses tab, set your chosen key combo and find List local panel vars in the pull down menu. Don't forget to confirm it. The Buttons + Switches tab works similar to this.

Hope this helps.

Jim

P.S. The resulting log contains all Lvars for the open aircraft including many that can’t be commanded. Some experimentation may be required. When I get back to my PC I'll see if I can find the landing gear Lvar.
But here You talk how to record key/buttons, not to how check which functions are responsability for lever gear up/down? Id like to know how to build this LVAR raport :-).
Gypsy Baron wrote:This is probably the one you want:

Paul
I'll try. :)

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

YoYo wrote:
renaissanceman wrote: Hi YoYo,

Hope this helps.

Jim

But here You talk how to record key/buttons, not to how check which functions are responsability for lever gear up/down? Id like to know how to build this LVAR raport :-).
Gypsy Baron wrote:This is probably the one you want:

Paul
I'll try. :)
Hi YoYo,

I agree with Paul/GypsyBaron that L:LandingGearLeverPos is the likely Lvar.

To generate the log after you have assigned a key, load up the Connie and press your key. The 'log lvars.log' report will appear in your FSUIPC modules directory under the root FSX directory. To test you will need to create an Lvar macro that will add this Lvar to the FSUIPC drop down menus while running FSX. See this thread starting on step 4:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=19751

I'm not familiar with SPAD.next but if you can add the Lvar directly to it, that may be a better way to test.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

If you are using Spad.Next with the Saitek Switch Panel, then this is what I have assigned to the Gear lever :

Gear UP

Set LANDINGGEARLEVERPOS (LVAR) to 0
Delay execution for 5000mS
Set LANDINGGEARLEVELPOS (LVAR) to 1

This sets the landing gear lever up in the Connie and after a delay of 15 seconds (giving the gear enough time to retract and the gear doors to close, sets the landing gear lever back into the neutral position). Of course if you want to be doing that manually get rid of the delays and the second landing gear LVAR set to 1.

Gear DOWN

Set LANDINGGEARLEVELPOS (LVAR) to 2.

I have also managed to automate the engine start to 4 buttons on my Saitek throttle quadrant using just Spad.Next and LVAR support (no LUA scripts involved) just because I could ! Having taken inspiration from Paul's LUA scripting that does this and so much more.
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

YoYo wrote:

Jim
TY!
I have full of FSUIPC version. Ok, I'll check this option. Id like to set up some of functions (like for gear up/down) on Saitek (Spad.next) panels.
Also you can see the LVARs using Spad.Next.

Go to the addons menu.

Select DATA MONITOR on the left hand side.

On the right side click Add LVAR.

You should now have a window populated with all LVARs running (some may not be related to the Connie). Now you can scroll around and see the LVARs changing in real time depending on what you do in the sim. Bare in mind some LVARs are read only so you cant directly change them and some maybe reacting to a switch state but themselves cant be changed so its not uncommon to see 2 or 3 LVARs change based on you flicking a single switch, trial and error on what to set usually yields the necessary results.
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

BIG thx. Now its clear :D !

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”