Pushback turns

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Pushback turns

Post by bullfox »

Is there a way to get the Connie to turn while in pushback? I am using P3D 5.3. Online searches say to use 1 or 2 key while in pushback, but I can't get that to work.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Pushback turns

Post by flapman »

If you're looking for realism, the Constellation was designed before the pushback procedure became commonplace. When you load the Connie you should position it so that it can depart the terminal by making a turn or going straight out, no pushback needed. They were pushed around by maintenance of course, but it's not regular to push a constellation back with a tug while it either has passengers on board, or operating engines.

Use the location of the main cabin door as a design hint as to the direction the nose should be pointing. I.e., passengers should be able to easily walk from the terminal to the aircraft door.

gege21
Senior Airman

Re: Pushback turns

Post by gege21 »

bullfox wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 20:49 Is there a way to get the Connie to turn while in pushback? I am using P3D 5.3. Online searches say to use 1 or 2 key while in pushback, but I can't get that to work.
Post very interesting as personnaly I was facing to the problem of pushback function not performed as expected applying however the instruction simulator manual either on FSX or P3D.

Hi, as i'm a very fan of the vintage airplanes from 1950/1960 era, this beautiful L049 simulated model from A2A is my favorite airliner to manage all the stuff from cold start all the systems to land and stop and close all these simulated feature. A big thanks to A2A developper designer staff.

Well, regarding the pushback and how to perform it with a success to comply the keys combinations suggested and advised by the manual either on P3D or FSX documentations, the only process I experimented on my system hardware and working each time for me whatever the airplane used is the folowing steps:
1- At stand still, even if the engines are runinng or not, toggle the sim in Pause (break) mode (by pressing the key you have mapped to this function in your settings options) The default key is Pause (break) keyboard key.
2- the simulator in pause (break), then press the P keyboard key to activate a pushback straight backward or if you want to start a pushback with the tail to right or left direction, press P key followed by either the "1" key for the tail to the right side direction, or the "2" key for the tail to the left side direction. You have also the possibility to use your prefered remapped key for the pushback function by your settings preferences.
3- Now retrive the Pause (break) mode of the simulator by pressing your dedicated "Pause (break) key" again... In case, release the parking brakes. et voilà.
4- to stop the pushback, simply press the P key or your mapped key for the pushback function in your simulator settings options.

On my systems, this process is working 100% as expected behavior, and apply on whatever airplane with 100% success.

If these steps have already be mentionned elsewhere as the success pushback performing method, I apologyse to be late to discover what has already confirmed by others users in other time.

Have fun using the pushback fonction.

Kind regards

Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”