Realism of the FE`s panel

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
ADFGVX
Airman

Realism of the FE`s panel

Post by ADFGVX »

I just got the L-049 after watching videos of it (the real one and the A2A rendition) becuase I find old airliners very inclining. After a closer look and comparison of the flight engineer`s panel however, I noticed that the A2A one quite a bit different from the real one. Can anyone tell me if some parts were left out or if I just stumbled upon videos of other versions of this aircraft?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Realism of the FE`s panel

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The A2A connie is modelled on the one they visited , in their intro video , and every different airline and model variant of the connie , had different mods at different times of production , hence the variation , and it was not just the engineers panel that was different between airlines and model variants .
Most of the videos you see are of later connie variants , some later connies had thrust reverser , but the L049 did not have any thrust reversers .
regards Alan. 8)

ADFGVX
Airman

Post by ADFGVX »

Hi Alan,
thanks for that helpful reply, I am sure this aircraft will keep me busy for a long time :D

Regards
Tobias

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Tobias: You should'a been on our MP flight from Tulsa, OK to New Orleans, LA. viewtopic.php?f=79&t=72843. We had a blast!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”