Engine Selector causes out of sync rpm after 2 engine taxi

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
M_D_F
Airman

Engine Selector causes out of sync rpm after 2 engine taxi

Post by M_D_F »

Hi,

I have recently bought this plane and am really enjoying it. I was hoping someone might be able to help with this issue. I have a Saitek x55 throttle and have engines 1 and 2(left wing) on the left throttle lever and engines 3 and 4 (right wing) on the right throttle lever, the two hardware levers can be joined to act as one with a slider or can be used used independently. Everything works fine when I use the engine selector window to select individual engines for startup after which I select them all again and have 4 running all with rpm in sync. If however I unlink the two hardware throttles and select engines 2 and 3 to taxi when I reselect all 4 engines again 1 and 4 are now out of sync with 2 and 3 by about 500rpm and I cannot seem to resync all 4 together without restarting the sim. I could of course taxi with all 4 engines as separating the levers to use engines 1, 2 and 3, 4 independently does not cause a problem but I understand this was not the way it was done? This seems to occur when the software selector separates engine 1 from 2 or 3 from 4 which are pairs controlled by the same hardware joystick lever; does anyone no how to resync all 4 engines with the joystick levers on the fly when this happens?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engine Selector causes out of sync rpm after 2 engine taxi

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
If you taxi onto the runway ready for takeoff , and only used inboards 2/3 to taxi , once lined up , have you then tried reducing rpm on 2/3 to match 1/4 before selecting all for T/O , also taxiing on just inboards , means these engines are at a higher temp than outboards .
Also have you tried moving individual throttles using the mouse to bring rpm to match once lined up on runway.
I dont have the saitek controller you have , i have two CH throttle quads , so mange them individually , so i have never seen this issue , also i use FSX acceleration , i am assuming you are using P3D.
regards Alan. 8)

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Another thing to try is momentarily pull your hardware throttles back to full idle, press F1 and then raise the throttles again as needed.
Cheers
Trev

M_D_F
Airman

Post by M_D_F »

Thanks for the replies. I will try these suggestions and let you know how it goes. I am using FSX steam.

M_D_F
Airman

Post by M_D_F »

Syncing the rpm before reselecting all the engines does seem to work. Thanks for the suggesting that.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Throttle cut is the idea?
Pat

M_D_F
Airman

Post by M_D_F »

I'll try that too. Thanks.

new reply