Struggling on approach and landing...

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Struggling on approach and landing...

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

So, I have yet to really dig in and read the manuals, but I have attempted 2 flights with FE handling everything he can and every time on approach when I cut power to the engines I end up with something happening to them and full engine failure. Crashed it both times. This one is gonna be a tough one to learn, but I am very happy to have a new learning opportunity. From what I have described though, does anything jump out at anyone as something I am doing wrong?

The other thing is AP... I am using the Sperry AP, but for the life of me can't figure out how to change the HDG to whatever I need it to be. What exactly in the cockpit controls which heading the AP will fly? When I engage HDG it flies whatever that thing was set to, so I am basically limited in flying NAV mode. (I have Flight1 GTN 650 as my GPS)... I tried OB dial, but that doesn't seem to do it. Again, I probably should take my time and read the manual, so forgive the ignorant questions. I can fly a PMDG 737 and FSLabs A320 with no issues, but these old school airliners are a completely different ballgame - everything seems alien and strange. I feel completely overwhelmed and incompetent in this cockpit.
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Struggling on approach and landing...

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Have a look in this forum, there is a small thread about “learning to fly the Connie”
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

BostonJeremy77 wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 13:51 From what I have described though, does anything jump out at anyone as something I am doing wrong?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!
This… “So, I have yet to really dig in and read the manuals”...just sayin’…always first!…before asking questions hopefully :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:
Tomas Linnet wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 14:03 Have a look in this forum, there is a small thread about “learning to fly the Connie”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

BostonJeremy77 wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 13:51 every time on approach when I cut power to the engines
This part sticks out to me a little, when are you cutting power to flight?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”