Grey-ish metallic skin in v5

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
MD-82
Airman

Grey-ish metallic skin in v5

Post by MD-82 »

Hello,

unfortunately my L-049 seems very grey compared to v4 shots of the same livery. Turning Dynamic Reflections OFF brought some shine back somewhat, however the base coat is more dark grey than metal. Now I understand if say my F-BAZA repaint was like this, as it's an older repaint. But the default TWA livery is exactly the same. Can this be corrected in any way at all? Running the latest HF from LM.

Cheers,

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Grey-ish metallic skin in v5

Post by Paughco »

I have noticed the same thing. Waiting to see if anybody has a fix for this.

Seeya
ATB

MD-82
Airman

Post by MD-82 »

I have found out with the help of a friend that it was my shaders that caused the issue. In any case you need to have Dynamic Reflections OFF. Don't know if it's incopatibility of the Paint Kit or something else. Also, I had EnvShade and EnvTex. In those I restored the default files and then deleted (for good measure) the shaders folder in AppData. Restarted the SIM and the results were much better. As an extra measure, I backed up the ShadersHLSL folder in P3Dv5 <root>. The uninstalled and reinstalled the client to refresh those shaders to default (which I believe EnvShade already did. I restarted the SIM and there were no further improvements.

Hope this helps you out. And I hope the paint kit gets a refresh for v5. The dates on the psd's are still 2016.

Before

After

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

@MD-82: Thank you! I loaded up my "Connie on another adventure" scenario, and tried your suggestion. I had been running P3D v5 HF2 with the dynamic reflections slider all the way up. I slid it all the way to the left (off) and my TWA Connie was beautiful once again. She no longer looks like she has been stored for a couple decades at Davis–Monthan Air Force Base! I didn't even delete the shader file in my AppData folder - it works!

Thank you
ATB

MD-82
Airman

Post by MD-82 »

Cheers !!! We are planning an around the world with Air France's Connie and PanAm's DC-6. I wish the paint kit was truly v5, but it will do for now.

lholdridge
Airman

Post by lholdridge »

I don't know if it would help, but I made an odd discovery, and that is that if you use Envshade and or Envtex, when you do a restore to original textures, the program doesn't put everything back correctly. I felt my metallic shine still looked off, even with a restore, so I did a repair on the Client part of the P3D V5 installation, which requires deleting the shaders and cfg file and letting the repair build a new cfg file. The shaders get rebuilt automatically as well. The result is that my metallic paints now look correct and shiny, even with dynamic reflections on low. You might want to consider that option.

Lee

MD-82
Airman

Post by MD-82 »

Thanks. I’ll do one more repair to make sure everything is stock.

lholdridge
Airman

Post by lholdridge »

Just keep in mind that the older paints are not PBR, so there'll always be a slight difference.

Lee

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”