Forgettably good landings & nonexistant inflight troubles

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
nitroSkirata
Airman Basic

Forgettably good landings & nonexistant inflight troubles

Post by nitroSkirata »

Hey,

I have had, over the last couple of flights, noticed two rather strange occurences:

1. i feel like my landings are pretty alright, the passengers are clapping and the copilot congratulates me on rollout. Yet in the post flight page in the carreer windows, it lables it as a "forgettable landing"...

Is that now good as in "that landing was so good, i forgot it even happened" or rather "wow, that was so disasterous, i just want to forget it"?

2. During and after the flight, the captain asks the passengers, to excuse the troubles encounterred during the flight... Yet there was nothing i would consider troubling at all... no turbulences, no high vertical speeds, nothing...

do you have any ideas why those two things happen?

Best regards,
nitroSkirata

maddz
Senior Airman

Re: Forgettably good landings & nonexistant inflight troubles

Post by maddz »

2) I think if fuel goes below 10%, that is one reason for a announcement

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Is anyone else getting applause after a landing yet it not being properly reported in the post flight notes?

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

nitroSkirata
Airman Basic

Post by nitroSkirata »

@maddz:

ok, though that did indeed happen this flight, there was also an inflight announcement to the same effect, even though the fuellevel at that time must have been at around 40% if not more

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

hmmm, did you turn the seat belt signs off at cruise?

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

nitroSkirata wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 13:42 @maddz:

ok, though that did indeed happen this flight, there was also an inflight announcement to the same effect, even though the fuellevel at that time must have been at around 40% if not more
To add to what maddz was saying about the 10% fuel level; all it takes is for any single fuel tank to hit 10% to trigger the post flight "trouble" announcement.
If you were near 40% total in the aircraft, you could have had one tank at the 10% mark. That would do it.
FAC257

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Scott - A2A wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 13:34 Is anyone else getting applause after a landing yet it not being properly reported in the post flight notes?

Scott
I've had a few like that.

Hook

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Post by FireRescue85 »

I’ve been having quite a few like that. I land at about a -10fpm sink rate, the passengers clap and the co pilot says “wonderful! Wonderful!” Betty thanks me for a smooth flight and says people are talking about me in the terminal, yet it gets recorded as “what a forgettable landing”.
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

OK I added this to our TO DO to look into, as this doesn't sound right.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Post by BraselC5048 »

FAC257 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 16:29
nitroSkirata wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 13:42 @maddz:

To add to what maddz was saying about the 10% fuel level; all it takes is for any single fuel tank to hit 10% to trigger the post flight "trouble" announcement.
If you were near 40% total in the aircraft, you could have had one tank at the 10% mark. That would do it.
Yet more COTS problems, it seems. (Did it ever get fixed?) That said, pretty much as soon as you hit cruse you're supposed to start the fuel balancing process between tanks, and if my memory serves by the time you get to 40% total fuel the quantity in all 4 tanks should be nearly equal. If you hit 10% in one tank, but have 40% fuel, you're managing the fuel wrong. (And putting too much stress on the main spar.) On the other hand this might not be in A2A's provided documentation.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”