PBR repaints?

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
DavidHerky
Airman First Class

PBR repaints?

Post by DavidHerky »

Hi there, using P4dv4.5, I notice the paints on the Connie are looking a bit out of synch. They were fine in FSX and early P3d, however the latest P3d seems to require a different approach?

Has anyone done PBR repaints?

Cheers.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: PBR repaints?

Post by Ron Attwood »

DavidHerky wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 18:17 Hi there, using P4dv4.5, I notice the paints on the Connie are looking a bit out of synch. They were fine in FSX and early P3d, however the latest P3d seems to require a different approach?

Cheers.
Hadn't you heard? It's the latest 'must have' for your simming pleasure. 8)
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

DavidHerky
Airman First Class

Post by DavidHerky »

Ron Attwood wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 19:20
DavidHerky wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 18:17 Hi there, using P4dv4.5, I notice the paints on the Connie are looking a bit out of synch. They were fine in FSX and early P3d, however the latest P3d seems to require a different approach?

Cheers.
Hadn't you heard? It's the latest 'must have' for your simming pleasure. 8)
Thanks Ron. Have you done one for the "Connie", I can't see one in your file list?
The paints I have for the Connie look a bit odd on the silver metal surfaces on the fuselage. The silver wing surfaces are ok, just the fuselages look messy?

Cheers!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi David,

The Connie hasn't been updated to use PRB so you won't find any PBR repaints. It's not something that can be implemented by repainters using textures alone; the 3D model needs to be redesigned too.

If you're seeing some issues with texturing, any chance it's related to a third-party shader mod?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DavidHerky
Airman First Class

Post by DavidHerky »

Nick - A2A wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 04:15 Hi David,

The Connie hasn't been updated to use PRB so you won't find any PBR repaints. It's not something that can be implemented by repainters using textures alone; the 3D model needs to be redesigned too.

If you're seeing some issues with texturing, any chance it's related to a third-party shader mod?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi there Nick.

No I don't use any shader mods. Its vanilla P3dv4.5 (new one)

I have the repaints of the Falcon Airways and a few others. The wings are fine but the shiny aluminium look fuselage looks decidedly ropey in P3dv4.5. A plain white fuselage would probably be better, since it looks like the round textures on the fuselage are not reflecting the same as the wings. Funny that? The wings look great, highly reflective, its just the fuselage that's affected.

Could be I need to fiddle with the sliders in the lighting section?

I hope the Connie can get some PBR, she's a beauty for sure! Far nicer looking than the oppositions DC-6! :wink:

If they release MSFS 2020, I hope we can get A2A aircraft in the sim. That fact alone would influence my wallet!

Regards
David

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info David.

The P3D graphics settings including those for dynamic lighting and dynamic reflections will indeed affect the look of the aluminium skin. If you think there are issues with how its being displayed on your system, it's probably best to share a few screenshots or a vid.

A recent example from my v4.5 installation is shown below for comparison. You'll see that some of the fuselage and wing panels are a bit shinier than others; that's because they represent sections of the skin which have been replaced during maintenance.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

DavidHerky wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 03:10

Thanks Ron. Have you done one for the "Connie", I can't see one in your file list?

Cheers!
That's odd. :?

Oh yes, I remember, I don't have the Connie. :roll:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

DavidHerky
Airman First Class

Post by DavidHerky »

I just downloaded some more magnificent repaints, shown here on the forum. In particular Paul Grubich (warbirds) Flying Tiger livery.

Wow! Don't think I need PBR! This paint looks stunning all round!

The Connie is definitely the best looking aircraft in my hangar 😍

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”