Connie's aux sounds off?

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
01thomas
Airman

Connie's aux sounds off?

Post by 01thomas »

Hi, It's me again...
Is there some way to switch all the Connie's sounds off? Pressing 'Q' stops the engine sounds but while on the ground the GPU noise persists and in flight the wind-noise and the fuselage creaks can also still be heard.

Thanks
Thomas

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Connie's aux sounds off?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The creaking/rattling sounds , mean you could be stalling , during T/O taxi its the vibrations going through the undercarraige or you are in turbulance , if in career mode in turbulance, this is the time to put seatbelt signs on , or pax can get hurt , and your career will suffer or you get jailed.
GPU noise is only on when you use it , I.E ground power on , not really herd the wind noise , except if a DV window is not fully locked shut prior to flight , I.E. all four catches locked per window , if you where to fast or to fast with flaps down you might hear this noise , what was your speed at the time.
Also , what are your sims sound volume settings .
regards alan. 8)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Yeah, I know, the crying baby is a drag. The groaning copilot during turbulence also sucks. At least you don't hear him puking. One way to eliminate all this excess "immersion" is to simply fly the standard Connie that they have in P3D v4.

Seeya
ATB

01thomas
Airman

Post by 01thomas »

Yes I knew all that.

Let me rephrase my question: when the phone rings and I become involved in a conversation I want my sim to be absolutely quiet but to continue flying without any sounds or noises. In other planes (default and add-on) I can achieve that by pressing 'Q' on the keyboard. Try it and see for yourself what I mean.
On this Connie pressing Q only mutes the engine sounds. The auxiliary sounds continue and intrude in my conversation. My sims' volume is not the issue.

The only way I can achieve quietness at the moment is to pause the sim with the P key and I don't want to pause the sim, just make it dead quiet for the duration of my call. How do I do that?

Oh and what is a 'DV' window? I know it is a cockpit window but what does DV stand for?

alan CXA651 wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 15:02 Hi.
The creaking/rattling sounds , mean you could be stalling , during T/O taxi its the vibrations going through the undercarraige or you are in turbulance , if in career mode in turbulance, this is the time to put seatbelt signs on , or pax can get hurt , and your career will suffer or you get jailed.
GPU noise is only on when you use it , I.E ground power on , not really herd the wind noise , except if a DV window is not fully locked shut prior to flight , I.E. all four catches locked per window , if you where to fast or to fast with flaps down you might hear this noise , what was your speed at the time.
Also , what are your sims sound volume settings .
regards alan. 8)

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Turn the volume down on your windows volume control.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Vinay
Airman Basic

Post by Vinay »

01thomas wrote: 27 Aug 2019, 10:50 Yes I knew all that.

Let me rephrase my question: when the phone rings and I become involved in a conversation I want my sim to be absolutely quiet but to continue flying without any sounds or noises. In other planes (default and add-on) I can achieve that by pressing 'Q' on the keyboard. Try it and see for yourself what I mean.
On this Connie pressing Q only mutes the engine sounds. The auxiliary sounds continue and intrude in my conversation. My sims' volume is not the issue.

The only way I can achieve quietness at the moment is to pause the sim with the P key and I don't want to pause the sim, just make it dead quiet for the duration of my call. How do I do that?

Oh and what is a 'DV' window? I know it is a cockpit window but what does DV stand for?
I second that. In my P3D4 when I attempt to mute the sim with "Q" keystroke, the engines, crew etc sound goes complete silent, while the ambient wind noise, metal squeaking/screeching when in flight or wheels bumping sound while taxing are still there. The only way to make this complete silent is to mute my PC without affecting the ongoing flight OR switch sound to headphones if available.

Once while switching sound from external speakers to headphones I happen to have lost the whole flight sound. The only sound I was getting was the same ambience wind & metal squeaking, as if I've mute the sim. This was an 8+ hrs long online flight. So I had no choice but to continue with compromise. Luckily no sick passenger or any other adversaries were reported. In this case it wasn't Connie's issue, rather it's the FSX/P3D which isn't good enough efficiently switching between active sound drivers. I tried to get this fixed from P3D settings, but no success. Just be cautious while doing same with your sim.

By the way I'm following your threads, this & the other trailing one. Me too have one minor but annoying complaint about this unfinished product. Connie's Input Configurator Pitch Up/Down seems to be broken. I tried to check here, but surprisingly it didn't attract enough attention. Maybe you can check in yours if it's working fine.

viewtopic.php?t=62214

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
In answer to your question.
01thomas wrote: 27 Aug 2019, 10:50 Oh and what is a 'DV' window? I know it is a cockpit window but what does DV stand for?
DV window Stands for Direct Vision window , I.E. the one on the pilots/co-pilots that open to speak or give signals to ground crew.
As for sounds not being silenced for phonecalls ectra , if sounds are comeing from headset , it should have a mute switch , or if coming from PC desktop speakers , then mute speakers on taskbar , unless you fly in full screen mode , if so , you will need to minimise sim screen to see taskbar.
I use FSXA in windowed mode as its more stable so taskbar is easy access for me.
regards alan. 8)

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

On the Shift+3 window is a volume control. I do not use it so I cannot confirm if it will silence the sounds that 'Q' does not. You might give it a go. The Connie seems to have different sound devices. For instance; when Betty is talking during her briefing and you hop outside to look around you will not hear her in external view but you will hear your radios and ATC talking. Kinda odd how that works.

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Just turn your pc speakers down or what’s even better is to tell the caller your at 25000 feet and would they please call later:)
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Roger.
The B377 and Connie dont have vol controls on shift+3 menu like the other A2A aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

alan CXA651 wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 00:26 Hi Roger.
The B377 and Connie dont have vol controls on shift+3 menu like the other A2A aircraft.
regards alan. 8)
:oops: Oh my gosh Alan :oops: . Thanks. I rarely fly anything but the Connie but flying the Comanche this last weekend I saw the volume control and, well, disregard my previous.
Roger forgot to think... :mrgreen:
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Rodger.
I made the same mistake as you did in the past , in my case it was a senior moment , thats my excuse , and i am sticking to it.
regards alan. 8) :lol:

01thomas
Airman

Post by 01thomas »

Ah! Direct Vision. Okay thanks for that.
I also use my sim in windowed mode.

alan CXA651 wrote: 27 Aug 2019, 14:42 Hi.
In answer to your question.
01thomas wrote: 27 Aug 2019, 10:50 Oh and what is a 'DV' window? I know it is a cockpit window but what does DV stand for?
DV window Stands for Direct Vision window , I.E. the one on the pilots/co-pilots that open to speak or give signals to ground crew.
As for sounds not being silenced for phonecalls ectra , if sounds are comeing from headset , it should have a mute switch , or if coming from PC desktop speakers , then mute speakers on taskbar , unless you fly in full screen mode , if so , you will need to minimise sim screen to see taskbar.
I use FSXA in windowed mode as its more stable so taskbar is easy access for me.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”