Feel free to use my Fuel Planer!

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
Sailor512
Airman Basic

Feel free to use my Fuel Planer!

Post by Sailor512 »

Hey everybody :)

I quite recently purchased the Connie and what a bird it is! So in this way my compliments to all the developers, great job! :D

However I felt a little annoyed that there was no fuel planer and very little information about the planning. So in the end I decided to change this myself and scrapping together all the information I could find I created the fuel planer you find in the link and might have found in a Connie and I might happily say it also looks the part. :)

So feel free to use it and share your experience with the results you get. Don't hesitate to get in touch with any suggestions/problems/thoughts/whatsoever on this little project.

Just download the zip file:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gici3y6aro0b ... FsiDa?dl=0

Cheers!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Feel free to use my Fuel Planer!

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Sailor512 and welcome to the A2A forums.

This looks great and I'm sure it'll be very useful for the L-049 fliers here. Thanks very much for the contribution. :D

A quick screenshot...

Cheers,
Nick

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Thanks for this - eager to try it out. I've either been relying on the presets or using back-of-the-envelope calculations (100 gal/engine/hour), but it'll be nice to use real figures. Grateful also for some of the additional calculations like top of descent - happy to have an alternative to the GTN, which breaks immersion a bit. Hope to be able to test-drive it later in the week.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

maverick260
Airman

Post by maverick260 »

Thanks, now can stop dragging around loads of fuel for no reason
ImageImage

01thomas
Airman

Post by 01thomas »

Hi Sailor
Thanks for this Fuel Planner for the Connie L049.
Just one question: How does one put in step-climbs on your fuel planner? Is the altitude the initial altitude or the final altitude?

regards
Thomas

theophile
Airman

Post by theophile »

Hey Sailor,thank you for this fuel planner.I really works out well!

blazer05
Airman

Post by blazer05 »

Just tried to download this and Excel says the file is corrupted and cannot be opened.

FYI

Franklin Duncan

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Sailor: Just wanted to add my thanks to you for that really nice fuel planner. I've been flying my Connie on a trip from Frankfurt to Boeing Field in Seattle, WA. Typical hop is 2 or 3 hours. I used your planner to figure out how much fuel to load, and it's been working just fine.

Seeya
ATB

Sailor512
Airman Basic

Post by Sailor512 »

It's been some time since I visited these forums. Really happy to see my fuel planner is still in demand and very sorry for any questions gone unanswered.
Just tried to download this and Excel says the file is corrupted and cannot be opened.
Do you still have this problem or did you manage? I just tried and for me it works fine.
Hi Sailor
Thanks for this Fuel Planner for the Connie L049.
Just one question: How does one put in step-climbs on your fuel planner? Is the altitude the initial altitude or the final altitude?

regards
Thomas
I have to admit step climbs are something I did not consider. Your best guess might be to insert your final altitude so the TOD is correct and assume the fuel consumption during cruise does not change that much. Anyway I am not sure step climbs were a thing back in the days.

Obviously feel free to share any other feedback you might have! :-D

AlexR
Airman Basic

Post by AlexR »

Hi Sailor,

My feedback:
Pros:
  • The background and font choices; they give the planner a very period appropriate feel.
  • The layout very easy to follow and important information is highlighted.
  • The problems field.
Cons:
  • The sheet doesn't account for headwind. This can be very important on longer flights like the crossing the Atlantic, where not accounting for a headwind can leave you short of fuel.
I've added a some rows and modified some calculations as appropriate to achieve this. It is available to here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd4549g28bp4v ... s.zip?dl=0

please feel free to include the changes in the original file; if you feel they are appropriate.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”