A2A Development Update 4/8/18

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
vtracy
Senior Airman

Re: A2A Development Update 4/8/18

Post by vtracy »

@cessna lover,
glad you enjoyed the pics from the Deutsches Museum!
Can I encourage you to watch the youtube clip with the Ju-52-3.
Both the view of the cockpit and of the countryside is quite nice.
(...another 1/2 h well spent waiting for the new planes:-) )
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

lol I don't need encouragement to watch an airplane video. I love airplane videos. you have a link for it? :D

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utHyxKKg-xI

as I wrote on May 21st, look at the cockpit as well as the view outside. Southern Germany with Hohenzollern castle (Hohenzollern was/is one of the lines that gave Europe emperors and kings).
Volker

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

thank you sir I will check this out.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

@cessna lover,
here is the simulator that intrduced me to virtual flying, >10 yrs ago:

http://www.cockpitsim.de/eindex.html

This is a fantastic installation all done by one man!
(BTw: It was he who told me that all pilots including the virtual ones, call each other by their first names, so no ‚sir‘ anymore...:-). )
Volker

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

vtracy wrote:@cessna lover,
here is the simulator that intrduced me to virtual flying, >10 yrs ago:

http://www.cockpitsim.de/eindex.html

This is a fantastic installation all done by one man!
(BTw: It was he who told me that all pilots including the virtual ones, call each other by their first names, so no ‚sir‘ anymore...:-). )
Volker
:D ok sounds fair to me. my name is Ken. I'm a computer pilot. wishing I could be a real one but training is not matching the budget. lol

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

vtracy wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utHyxKKg-xI

as I wrote on May 21st, look at the cockpit as well as the view outside. Southern Germany with Hohenzollern castle (Hohenzollern was/is one of the lines that gave Europe emperors and kings).
Volker
very nice video. I may not be able to speak or read German. but I can figure out some of the gauges in that plane. thanks for linking this. :D

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

you are of course very welcome.
One of the nice aspects of fora like these is that there are people with the same interests/love for a hobby, and are willing to share.
There you are.
Volker
(still waiting for the planes to appear...)

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

very true. you should go check out the vids I posted here. 1 is for the T6 and the other is for the Connie. :D

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

where do I look?

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

right here http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63745 pages 1 and 3. the first post is about the T-6 and on page 3 is the one for the Connie

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

The P-51 is in my hangar, too. As the real pilot says it is a challenge to fly. But having flown the Me-109 with all her quirks in handling at low speed, I was not too surprised to be thrown off the first time.
Really, the Spit is easiest to handle in all situations. All three are just wonderful in the air, at full speed..
Volker

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:D yeah you really have to love the old war birds. I remember when I first got my virtual mustang and did the flyby view with FSX and heard that Mighty Merlin whistling past that's when I fell in love with it. that's the thing about vintage planes you can hear them for miles off and tell what it is with out even seeing it. just the other day I was setting on my porch and seen a real mustang go over my house a couple times. god how I wish I was on the plane.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

I know what you mean, man!
I remember as a young boy being able to distinguish the different cars just by ear...
To me, the best engine sound realisation is with the A2A Spitfire. Just the startup
Sound is honey for my ears! I installed big stereo speakers & a subwoofer just for my
FlightSim rig. That lets me ‚participate‘ in the start up procedure with
Most senses...
Volker

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Scott - A2A wrote:… As in real life, you have to make a decision to inspect the airplane, and then decide on what repairs need to be made. … We are also considering some other very interesting options we need to test first before announcing.

With the new avionics coming in for an even deeper experience, we did this so you can just operate your airplane and visit the maintenance hangar without exposing any flaws. This way you can only choose to inspect the airplane when you, as the owner and operator, have a reason too.

Scott.
Scott, now that you mention it, when doing the pre-flight on my Comanche, I sometimes notice a distinct difference in the left and right flaps. When I "wiggle" the left flap, it "moves" only slightly, as indicated by a quick clunk sound. The right flap might have a slower clunk sound, which "feels" like maybe some wear in the tracks, rollers, or whatever. If this was my real airplane, I'd look into the situation, and see if I could replace the parts myself before there was a problem, without waiting for a notice from the A&P guy in the hangar. Hey, this airplane is my baby, and I don't want any part of her to be in the yellow, let alone the red. Maybe it'd be different if it was a thousand bucks a mouse click in the hangar, but it's not. This stuff is already paid for. Hey, if we were counting mouse clicks in the hangar, I'd be totally broke by my T-6! It would be nice if we could preemptively replace wear items, is all I'm sayin'.

Thank you
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”