Problems while at cruise phase and approach

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
alaaar
Airman Basic

Problems while at cruise phase and approach

Post by alaaar »

Hello all,

Just can't help not to admire Connie a beautiful blast from the past ........I wish there were higher resolution textures for the cockpit to give it more realistic feel and look.....Only a wish ......

I had it many times I mean 5 times in a 250knts flight or more at every other flight........The plane at cruise altitude 11,000ft and autopilot is on.....Then it started losing altitude at an alarming rate about 3,000/minute, then going up again until stalling then goes down, this could repeat about 5 times until it stabilizes at cruise altitude again ...... Imagine poor [passengers and screams coming from the cabin

Now I don't know if it's connected or not but at approach phase while taking some turns while in autopilot mode, the plane seems to lose altitude dramatically as well.....I usually disconnect the autopilot and do manually.

I have W10, FSX acc. and AS2016 .......Why I m posting this here because it doesn't happen to the rest of the fleet only with Connie unfortunately, I hope someone could help, please

Best regards
Alaa

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Problems while at cruise phase and approach

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
At a guess i would say AS2016 mioght be the place to start looking , i have ASN and occasionally get a corrupt weather download , and that effects different A2A aircraft in different ways , in heavy overcast clouds it seems to make A2A aircraft hyper sensitive to control inputs , the only common link between them is simconnect.
But things that help is turning down AS2016 turbulance settings , as these are way to excessive at default settings.
Also you dont say if you are using the sperry or default auto pilot , if the sperry you need constant pilot input to trim the aircraft , and is only ment to keep you in a straight and level flight , you should ideally turn it of for sharp turns or course corrections , but if you you do minor turns with it on , then you need to trim up or down while turning to maintain as near level turn as possible .
If you are using the default auto pilot , at certain loads and high alts , it can osscilate around the alt selected , if not rectified , it can get worse.
regards alan. 8)

HighBypass
Airman First Class

Post by HighBypass »

Hires textures for the cockpit? IMHO the cockpit is superb, the gauges are beautifully rendered. There are some cockpit repaints for the Connie which may be more to your liking, but I guess they're just repaints which don't increase the texture res.

Regarding turbulence, have you set it to 0.8 instead of 1.0 in the FSX.cfg file? That should calm things down to a more realistic level.

I have FSX:SE with a registered copy of FSUIPC (for upper wind smoothing) and use FSOpen Clouds for METAR injection.

alaaar
Airman Basic

Post by alaaar »

OK ......I think I can contribute the irritating problem to the weather programme I am still trying to find what variable would be mostly responsible for that......

When I mentioned textures I did not mean it's bad I meant I wish it was better

The research is on thank you guys for helping

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

The problem here is size. The textures can only be so large and still have good performance and not take up a ton of memory. As such, compromises had to be made. There are 3rd party re-textures of the cockpit which increase the resolution, but you're going to be much more likely to get program crashes because of them if you use many other addons.

alaaar
Airman Basic

Post by alaaar »

Is this could be caused by am icing effect?

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”