Maint. Hangar

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Maint. Hangar

Post by dvm »

I hope this has not been answered before, are damage to the landing gear as an example modeled and if so how will this damage be indicated. I have checked the manual but there is no explanation.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Maint. Hangar

Post by n421nj »

I think if you have a hard landing the gear will collapse abd u will need to reset the flight for repairs
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I speaking more in generalities. Does the Connie have a maintenance hangar like the rest of the accu-sim birds where damage to other than the engines show up some where in the hangar ?

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

No maint. Hanger on the Connie.

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi dvm,

More specifically, the Connie does have a maintenance hangar (Shift+7) but it is very simple - much like the B377. Pretty much all you can do is overhaul an engine.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

maddz wrote:No maint. Hanger on the Connie.
That's not correct. It's like on the B377. Rudimentary.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Thanks for the help everyone. I am aware of the shift 7 window but was looking for something besides the engine overhaul and you gentleman have answered my question. I can only assume that there are limited resources within the sim and they were consumed by the crew, load manager and other features.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

It's more a conscious decision for the COTS line. The focus with COTS is that you're the Captain, not the owner. As such, if something breaks, you just report it to the mechanics and they fix it. There's no need to know the detailed condition of every component since that's the job of your airline's maintenance personnel. Personally, I would rather see the button be "Swap Engine" or "Replace Engine," as in the real world the usual procedure on these airplanes was simply to swap engines that were having problems instead of trying to troubleshoot and repair while the engine was on the airframe.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”