Correct Procedure to Save a Flight.

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Correct Procedure to Save a Flight.

Post by thunderstreak »

I was flying the Connie the other day and life interrupted my fun, so I paused and saved the flight.
Today I loaded the flight to continue on to my destination.

Once the flight loaded I discovered to my dismay that the engines were shut down and windmilling.
I disengaged the autopilot and clicked "auto-start" and the crew got everything running in short order.
I leveled off at my cruising altitude, set the auto pilot and settled in.

Then I realized I no longer had passengers on board..... :cry: :?:

I must have screwed something up saving the flight, any ideas?
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Re: Correct Procedure to Save a Flight.

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi thunderstreak,

I haven't tested this myself yet but it sounds like you have Auto Cold & Dark on. With Auto C&D off, more settings should be as you left them when you reload.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

thunderstreak wrote:I was flying the Connie the other day and life interrupted my fun, so I paused and saved the flight.
Today I loaded the flight to continue on to my destination.

Once the flight loaded I discovered to my dismay that the engines were shut down and windmilling.
I disengaged the autopilot and clicked "auto-start" and the crew got everything running in short order.
I leveled off at my cruising altitude, set the auto pilot and settled in.

Then I realized I no longer had passengers on board..... :cry: :?:

I must have screwed something up saving the flight, any ideas?
I find that most of the more complex aircraft are difficult to save a flight and have it start up exactly where you saved it as far as the aircraft systems. The Connie was the same...but by experimenting I found a procedure that works for me as follows:
- I save the flight periodically and it is not the default flight
- Be sure Auto C&D is turned Off
- Have the flight Paused
- When I'm ready to go back to the flight I start my default flight (hit fly now)
- Once loaded I then go to the top flight menu and choose "Load"
- Select your saved flight
- It will load in a paused condition
- Be sure the FE is activated (mine always has been)
- When your ready to "Un-Pause" the flight be ready to hit "Auto-Start" as soon as the flight is running
- Move your throttles just a little so they are active
- I have to also hit my RPM button once to get the engines back in sync
- Check all you lights, Cabin Signs, Pitot Heat, etc. to be sure they are where you want them
-Probably have to re-trim, re-set the Auto Pilot, etc. also

You will get a little wandering around the sky for just a bit and some "oohs and ahs" from the passengers, as the aircraft moves, but it settles down quickly.

I've tried it twice now and it works...keeps all your time and distance and everything. I even had one time where the screen froze...I did the save, shut down the flight and FSX and when I restarted I was able to recover everything from where it froze.

Hope that helps.

Fizzer
Airman Basic

Post by Fizzer »

Why is all this necessary I wonder?

I was under the impression that A2A planes are fully persistent (this is my first). Shouldn't the plane state be saved outside of the sim so that regardless of how I load it up with auto C&D off it should be as I left it?

Fizzer
Airman Basic

Post by Fizzer »

dupe

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello,

Does the A2A pause menu with options for altitude, speed, emergency and ? (don't remember at time what is the other option sorry) could help to save a flight with the help of this particular pause menu turned on ?

May be this could be the tip to start a saved previous flight without having to restart the engine and all the necessary manoeuvers to keep the airplane running as it was left when you saved your flight.

Otherwise I never tested this option A2A pause menu so unable to say if its work or not to restart a previous saved flight.

Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”