No More Interior Paints Allowed

The "Queen of the Skies"
addman
Staff Sergeant

Re: No More Interior Paints Allowed

Post by addman »

I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't be laughing about this but I almost am. Who, in their right mind, gets distressed over virtual repaints of virtual aircraft? It's not like you guys are painting the Sistine Chapel or Mona Lisa here. I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old daughter, they often fight over colouring pens when they are drawing, that's expected because they are children! Get a grip guys!

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I am sad to hear , that you have been told to stop painting , i dont have any of yours , or anyone elses connie repaints as of yet , but i thought repainting aircraft was a free to do thing , i did repaints for aircraft in FS9 , and i never once was told to stop , if the people who produce the aircraft tell you to stop , then you stop painting their aircraft , but i cannot see A2A saying anything like that , in fact they encourage it , i hope you have sent a pm to scott , naming this person whos asked you to stop , as i think the pics you posted of your work looked very good , and if i remember correctly , you started posting pics before a paintkit was out , which i found amazing , and shows great skill on your part , i say carry on regardless .
regards alan. 8)

Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Post by Boon1986 »

Dogsbody55 wrote:Ignore him. Some people are eminently forgettable. Far more people enjoy your work and you've given many of us a lot of happy hours spent flying your creations. I hope you will keep doing what you're doing. You do it so well.

Cheers,
Mike

+1 Pefect words!
Regards Daniel
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Not much to add from my side except I agree wholeheartedly with the above posts.

I enjoy your paints too and you are a true artist and must have soent hours and hours (as I know from experience) to get these done so beautifully!

Hopefully Lewis or Scott will give an official position on this.

Keep up the good work.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Keep it up Scott, like others have rightly said, the more paints the better!
No one can tell anyone else what to paint, or what they can't. End of the day it's just pixels on our Hard Drives, we all pay our own money for the products, so paint away brother.

Many many thanks for all the work you have done so far for the Connie and we all look forward to more soon!
You have constantly churned out stuff for us since the release, it's Christmas and you have a family with 2 little'uns! Seriously good effort my friend, mucho appreciated!

o7

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Levkovvvv
Staff Sergeant

Post by Levkovvvv »

Are you seriously going to stop working on what you like just because someone got butthurt? This is the internet, and internet commandment #42 states:
"When thy neighbor starts acting petty or, as perverted mouths shault say it, like a little bitch, thou shault do everything in thine power to annoy thy neighbor further"
Keep up your work and, if you have the time, do the 377 and the 17, just because :D :D :D
Image Владимир Левков / Vladimir Levkov
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

I am sure if A2A only wanted a select few to create repaints for their products they would have stated so and/or only released the paint kit to those select few. I have always had the impression this is not the case nor is there any licensing agreement I am aware of that restricts any of us creating and sharing repaints?

Taildraggin68 and anyone else has as much right and the next man, woman or child to create any kind of repaint for any aircraft they see fit. In fact where you are talking about creating aged paints there is perhaps even more scope for more than one person to release their own creations, I mean it's not as if every cockpit will have worn in exactly the same way!

Keep at it Taildraggin68, don't let anyone else's ego put you off.
Last edited by Blitzer on 01 Jan 2017, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

pepe_pompero
Airman

Post by pepe_pompero »

Do not forget that wardbirds sells his productions to just flight ,so he does not want to compete. :wink:

pepe

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Thank you all for the support and Happy New Year.

I am not "going" anywhere and will continue to paint for the community. That said, my VC project will be on hold until I get clarification from A2A staff about any potential outstanding agreements, verbal or written, between A2A and a for profit painter. I don't appreciate the tactics used as it represents a questionable business practice on the painter's side, but I would have to respect any contracts that I as of yet, have knowledge of.

Peace and prosperity for the New Year everyone.

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Remember, you are on the internet, there will ALWAYS be someone to disagree with you :wink:
Don't pay attention !
Happy new year :)
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Seems to me that A2A releases the paint kit free for a reason, that being for the community to release free liveries. Whoever this painter is most likely is not paying any commissions, and is in the wrong for trying to inflate the size of his pockets at A2A's expense.

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

Oh dear! Compared to some other forums, I was very pleased to find that the A2A forum, which I had rarely used in the past, seemed to be a very pleasant and happy one without many arrogant, self-opinionated people and it is very disappointing to see it change in this very negative way. I am not sure what the guy's problem is but surely everyone has a right to provide free repaints for others if they wish and Taildraggin has my full support from this viewpoint. If A2A don't think the cockpit textures should be changed then that is their right but I haven't seen anything from them to suggest that and I think it is now time that someone from A2A stepped in here to give some direction and hopefully put an end to this nonsense.

Bill

Corktip_14
Airman First Class

Post by Corktip_14 »

Fully agree with all of the above comments. Don't let anybody dether you. You're doing an excellent job with your VC repaints. As some here have stated, A2A is releasing all the paintkits for free, for everybody to use, and that's for a good reason. If this guy - and I use the word guy only not to be rude in public - is not happy with it, well, boo-freaking-hoo!!

I must say I'm really angry about the whole situation and totally fail to comprehend how someone can be stupid enough to try to make you halt completely, just because he also want to do the same thing.

I say go on, keep working on your weathered VC, and release it as soon as it's done!

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Hey Taildraggin68,
just wanted to let you know that I personally see you as a very valuable part of the repainting community and have especially much respect for your work on the Connie already!

I can imagine very well who we are talking about as the inflated ego, as well as spamming the request thread with "offers" has had me raise my brows a few times now.

Concerning the matter at hand there is a mixture of disbelief and one question:
Why doesn't he just produce the same thing?
You've probably made someone realise there is something he can't top there :D
Cause if you think about it, claiming a "trademark" on this is as retarded as forbidding everybody to put dirt on their paints...

That being said, I wish I had the time right now to flood the forums with a few worn out cockpits myself.
Just to properly piss that guy off.

I wish you a Happy 2017! Keep those paints coming, mate!
Marius
Greets, Marius

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Yeah Scott, please continue your wonderful paints and interiors. Don't worry about someone else thinks, your work is very much loved and appreciated. Those complaining about your work and trying to make you feel bad with their verbal excrement is terrible. Their over-compensating ego is literally 'dirtying' this wonderful communal punch bowl that we have all been enjoying and make it bad for everyone. If you don't like Scott's work, if you don't like Alan's work whatever, don't download it. Personally I think their work is awesome, and I hope they keep it up.

I was really looking forward to combining Scott's interior with Alan's awesome bare metal factory paint. lol I remember combining one of Scott's awesome 182 panel paints with one of Alan's awesome paints which became my favorite default 182 livery. Anyway please continue your great interiors and paints when you feel up for it.

I vaguely remember running into something like that a long long time ago, I did a paint the way I wanted, someone gave me crap because I had made a rather colorful tyedye-ish scheme on a warbird, I was told that I was dishonoring the men who flew them or something....whatever. I just painted more like that, they are lucky I didn't paint Air Force One on a Tupolev or something like that just to mess with them. Do what you love, paint what you want, and don't let anyone stop you.

Cheers
TJ
Last edited by pilottj on 01 Jan 2017, 16:55, edited 3 times in total.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”