new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Constellation Paint Kit

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Captain of the Ship L049 Constellation paintkit;

https://www.a2asimulations.com/Paintkit ... intkit.zip
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Constellation Paint Kit

Post by taildraggin68 »

Thanks so much Lewis :D

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Well C'mon then where are the repaints?

Cheers Chris

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

:P Come on Speedy :lol: ... were not that fast Chris, best I have a look as this as well , Thanks Guys 8)

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hiya,

At the moment have some problem with getting the strait cheatline of the KLM livery on the fuselage.

Is there template or formula how to calculate how to get a strait line across the fuselage? The UV/Mesh layer in the kit, is not the help i was expecting it to be. :oops:

The way the textures are mapped on the curved fuselage it becomes a big challenge to get it right.

From the mid fuselage to the nose, to get a strait line, you have to curve the line upwards and also widen the line along the way.

At the moment trying by trail and lots of errors, would be great to have some help. :roll:

Thanks,

Marcel

PS This is what i mean (note Alpha-layer is deactivated at the moment, so no metal shine)

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

pffff, what a slow download, 5 hours to go...
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

homer339
Airman

Post by homer339 »

Can't wait for your repaints, love all your repaints !!!!
I think all repainters are artists, and doing a awesome job for the fs community.

I salute you !!!!!

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

MGR...

Yes actually there is one trick you can do. Make a straight line down the center wherever you want it to be. Then load it up into the sim so that you only see the line you painted. Now get a good side view of the plane (Camera View) make sure you see the entire line line as large as you can. Now get a screen of it.

Open the screen up in your paint kit and draw around the line and save it as a PSD. You don't have to worry about the windows or anything like that, your only interested in the line itself as your going to use this as a pattern.

Now copy and paste that line onto your paint... it will look curved of course but what your going to do is flip it vertically and reverse the angles keeping your line vertically lined up on the ends. Now you have to just start taking some of the bend out little by little as you go and keep checking it so you don't overdue it. Then when your satisfied and it looks straight or very close to it then you save that line as a Straight line for future references. Keep in mind though, the more you move the line around vertically on the model in different places, the finished line might have more curve or less curve depending where your line is on the plane. Usually above the windows it will curve more and below the windows it will straighten out more on the actual model in the sim.

This technique is a bit old school but if you take your time it works but no matter what, you'll still have to fine tune your line from the screenshot to get it to line up straight on the plane. Your kind of reverse engineering the line by doing this.
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hiya,

Thanks for the advise. Did indeed something like this, still was a lot of work yet hope it show in my KLM repaint 8)

Marcel
EightyFiftyFive wrote:MGR...

Yes actually there is one trick you can do. Make a straight line down the center wherever you want it to be. Then load it up into the sim so that you only see the line you painted. Now get a good side view of the plane (Camera View) make sure you see the entire line line as large as you can. Now get a screen of it.

Open the screen up in your paint kit and draw around the line and save it as a PSD. You don't have to worry about the windows or anything like that, your only interested in the line itself as your going to use this as a pattern.

Now copy and paste that line onto your paint... it will look curved of course but what your going to do is flip it vertically and reverse the angles keeping your line vertically lined up on the ends. Now you have to just start taking some of the bend out little by little as you go and keep checking it so you don't overdue it. Then when your satisfied and it looks straight or very close to it then you save that line as a Straight line for future references. Keep in mind though, the more you move the line around vertically on the model in different places, the finished line might have more curve or less curve depending where your line is on the plane. Usually above the windows it will curve more and below the windows it will straighten out more on the actual model in the sim.

This technique is a bit old school but if you take your time it works but no matter what, you'll still have to fine tune your line from the screenshot to get it to line up straight on the plane. Your kind of reverse engineering the line by doing this.

WhiskeyAlpha
Airman Basic

Post by WhiskeyAlpha »

I’m working on a new paint scheme, but my metal is looking gray. What do I have to do to the specular file to get it to work? Should the files be saved out as PNGs or DDS?

Thanks!

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”