Finished Connie Paints

The "Queen of the Skies"
trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Re: Finished Connie Paints

Post by trisho0 »

taildraggin68 wrote: 31 Dec 2016, 17:38 Requested Fedex Livery.. 8) Get it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jEra ... sp=sharing
Hello, FedEx texture? Connie is Pax not a Cargo. I don't have A2A L-049 Constellation Cargo from installation.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
As you may now be aware of , there is no cargo version of the Connie done by A2A , but if you load just cargo and no pax a cargo variant can be simulated with regard to weight , any L049 cargo paints are mostly fictional , i know of one company that used Connies for freight , it was ACE a british cargo company using L749A variants.
regards alan. 8)

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

alan CXA651 wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 01:13 Hi.
As you may now be aware of , there is no cargo version of the Connie done by A2A , but if you load just cargo and no pax a cargo variant can be simulated with regard to weight , any L049 cargo paints are mostly fictional , i know of one company that used Connies for freight , it was ACE a british cargo company using L749A variants.
regards alan. 8)
Good idea to find ACE cargo now hunting for. Thanks Alan for your help. Pat

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

alan CXA651 wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 01:13 Hi.
regards alan. 8)
Did that repaint :roll: See here: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?C ... LID=197926

Marcel

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Marcel.
I knew a repaint of ACE cargo had been done , could not remember who by so thanks for reminding me , not yet downloaded but might just do that.
I was answering Trisho0 who thought there was a cargo variant of L049 by A2A , and letting him know that cargo repaints for this aircraft are basically fictional , and ACE cargo was in fact an L749A in real life .
regards alan. 8)

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I downloaded ACE Cargo from AVSIM and installed in FSX and P3Dv4.5 In both sim Connie ACE looks as nice as the others in my Connie's Collection. But, why Connie has Pax windows with ACE if the plane is Cargo?
Patricio

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Trisho0.
Last time i did repaints was for FSX , my PSP8 does not handle the DDS format to well and if i use DXT.bmp file converter , it can cause blurries , so i dont know how FSX/P3D handles things , in FS9 the windows where basically a paint layer that could be left out on cargo paints , but i suspect FSX/P3D has these windows set in the model and cannot be removed in the paint kit , i am guessing on this .
Also some aircraft in real life , leave the windows in and just have freight liner panels on the inside covering them , and some are what they call quick change aircraft , freight by night pax by day , i worked as an electrical inspector for BAe on the 146 , and a customer wanted a quick change aircraft pax/cargo , and it had windows and overhead lockers and special cargo bins and seats on pallets , so the aircraft could be converted to the two different rolls in minutes.
regards alan. 8)

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

alan CXA651 wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 09:50 Hi Trisho0.
Last time i did repaints was for FSX , my PSP8 does not handle the DDS format to well and if i use DXT.bmp file converter , it can cause blurries , so i dont know how FSX/P3D handles things , in FS9 the windows where basically a paint layer that could be left out on cargo paints , but i suspect FSX/P3D has these windows set in the model and cannot be removed in the paint kit , i am guessing on this .
Also some aircraft in real life , leave the windows in and just have freight liner panels on the inside covering them , and some are what they call quick change aircraft , freight by night pax by day , i worked as an electrical inspector for BAe on the 146 , and a customer wanted a quick change aircraft pax/cargo , and it had windows and overhead lockers and special cargo bins and seats on pallets , so the aircraft could be converted to the two different rolls in minutes.
regards alan. 8)
Hi Alan, thanks for details. Pat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Has anyone ever done an Air America or Evergreen International Airlines paint job for the A2A Connie?

ATB

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

taildraggin68 wrote: 27 Dec 2016, 11:52 Connie VC Paints

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jEra ... sp=sharing

What SIM is it? If it is P3Dv4 or v5 how do you get so nice look not dark at all?
Pat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”