Project 049 Connie - A success thanks to the beta team again

The "Queen of the Skies"
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Project 049 Connie - A success thanks to the beta team again

Post by Scott - A2A »

This project was supposed to be out over three months ago. Instead it went right up to the day before Christmas. Our beta team was especially ruthless this time around, keeping our nose to the grindstone. For a while we were pumping out betas every 24 hrs.

This Connie is a huge, organic beast. Look, let's face it, when you have a captain, an engineer, a co-pilot, and a stewardess all working together without stepping on each other - it's complicated. Plus, there is a living group of passengers in the back that are very sensitive to what goes on around them. This human element with various talents and intelligence makes for many many difficult bugs. There was a lot of brain surgery going on.

You know an A2A beta tester on the forums when you see an A2A rank like "A2A Mechanic", "A2A Test pilot", etc. These guys have carved their own path within our organization, each bringing a talent to the group that only they possess. The fact that A2A was able to deliver such a complicated simulation that just "works" would have never come close to happening without the dedication of this group. And no better time to deliver a solid product than on the day before Christmas.

It's clear the team is feeling a nice decompression atm, reading posts of folks just having a great time with this project we've worked so hard to create. And this Connie is so far very popular and well received.

Moving forward, we will continue to closely monitor all posts and we're here to assist anyone on their new journey with our Connie. Also, from everyone at A2A, Merry Christmas and thank you everyone here for all the great posts.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.
A2A Simulations Inc.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Re: Project 049 Connie - A success thanks to the beta team a

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Thank you Scott, Team and beta testers for all the hard work. I know that no amount of beta testing will find each and every issue but you guys do a pretty good job at it. I had my first flight in it yesterday.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Flights

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Thank you to Scott and the entire team. The Connie is all I could have hoped for and has again raised the bar. It's very evident that you guys aren't just in this for the monetary gain (which I do hope arrives in spades!). I still clearly remember how overjoyed I was finding the Heavy Bombers and Jets set at Best Buy not long after it came out and thinking that was exactly what I was looking for. Fast forward all these years later, you guys are still doing exactly what I'm looking for. The depth of the systems modeling puts you in control of an actual living airplane. I'm very thankful that you guys do what you do and how much work goes into it for the price.

tamunoz
Airman

Post by tamunoz »

Scott:
My very best wishes for YOU, & CAPT. JAKE. I replay once in a while the recorded audio when you were guests at DigitalThemePark a few years back.
I have bought every plane A2A has produced and I consider it keeps me "alive" at my tender age of 75. I KNOW THE CONNIE is a work of many and the TEAM should certainly feel extremely PROUD. :D :) 8)

I keep wondering if A2A and PMDG could get together for a project. They know JETS (PMDG_737_600-700-800_900),
A2A know PROPS (all your COTS and ACCUSIM products).
I know the owner is "difficult" but you should give it a try. Your smooth approach can overcome many PMDG issues.

All the best for a very successful 2017.
:D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Best Regards,
VPA437/91st 323rd BS
TOMAS Muñoz

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

Thank you Scott and team! Your products and support are always first class! This Connie is pure passion! Thank you very much and happy christmas!

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Thank you very much, and Merry Christmas to all involved, you should be proud.

Cant think of adequate superlatives right now! :D

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

eker
Senior Airman

Post by eker »

Great job as usual.
Nice experience to fly her-

THANKS!!
:D

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Great job, thanks.
Did my second flight yesterday, first with career on. Aced that landing :mrgreen:
Like the crew comments and the engine sound is amazing.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Thank you Scott and all A2A team, this aircraft is nothing short of amazing.
Ros

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

It's a lovely aircraft, yet another job outstandingly well done!
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Stratocruiser2
Senior Airman

Post by Stratocruiser2 »

Full credit to Scott and the A2A team for providing an excellent example how beta testing should be done! The quality of your products on initial release stands out in marked contrast to some other well known developers (whom we all know but who shall remain nameless!) and demonstrates the care that A2A put into all aspects of product development. Thank you for yet another outstanding product.

Bill

sirbruchie
Airman

Post by sirbruchie »

Thanks to the whole A2A Team and Beta Testers. You guys put together a great product and I have really enjoyed it so far...the only issue is finding enough time to "play". :D

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Thank you to all who made this plane a reality. Now get back to work on the next project in secret production. Lol
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

I was a few days late to the Connie party after it was released, but I haven't stopped flying it since. A true gem, I expect yet another well deserved Platinum award for the Connie. Thank you Scott for your aviation passion and dedication to this hobby, thank you A2A Staff for making that passion become reality, thank you A2A Beta team for making sure it works, thank you A2A customers for continuing to encourage and support this passion.

I swear if it weren't for A2A, I would have been much less eager to return to this hobby after my hiatus. This is not a slight on any of the other talented developers and people devoting their time to Flight Sim, their contributions were enjoyed are greatly appreciated. That passion and drive to create things that were said to be impossible is very admirable. A2A certainly brings that to FS.

I hope that with future iterations of P3D and Steam FS, there will be greater cooperation from LM and Dovetail toward developers like A2A. LM and Dovetail should coincide and communicate their future FS development plans with A2A, so A2A doesn't have to come up with so many external work-arounds....instead directly work in and with the platform. Considering A2A just released a successfully selling addon of a famous LM design, perhaps LM would consider bringing A2A more into the loop ya know.

Imagine what a talented team like A2A could do on a platform that actually was designed for serious development and expansion by 3rd parties.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Since the connie has come out , i cannot get enough of this aircraft , and an aircraft this complex , no matter how good the beta team is , there is always going to be bugs slipping through the net , but i was pleasently surprised , at just how few bugs got through the net , a testament to the beta team and A2A crew , this aircraft is going to take some beating , you have set the bench mark very high , very high indeed .
regards alan. 8) :lol:

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”