Praise for Glicksman's writing on the Connie

The "Queen of the Skies"
Madfred
Airman

Re: Praise for Glicksman's writing on the Connie

Post by Madfred »

I am one of those stereotype "Men" who doesn't read tfm, lol.

Reading this forum I decided to read some sentences here and there.
Before I knew it I was going backwards in the maual and ended up reading fro the start. I just couldn't stop reading.

Wanting to keep reading, is what identifies a good manual with great historical details.

My compliments to creating a great manual. Only thing missing in the complete package is a tutorial flight.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Excellent writing and very informative. A wonderful learning experience to read, just like the Accusim releases themselves. Thank you for putting it together.

If A2A ever did a plane that I wasn't particularly interested in...not like that would happen :lol: .... I would still want to read the manual lol.

That's just like A2A, they might do a plane you might not find interesting, but you read the manual, learn a helluva lot more about the plane than you never knew, thus maybe peaking your interest. You buy the plane, fly it, and realize its a pretty damn good airplane! :mrgreen: Then you immerse yourself in the plane so much that begin to gripe about about it's quirks just like the real pilots did lol

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

alpha charlie
Airman Basic

Post by alpha charlie »

While being overall an excellent reading, the manual contains some inaccuracies concerning early Sikorsky aircraft.

The caption of a bigger picture on p.32 says, "Sikorsky Ilya Muromets shown during WWI with its crew of manual engine starters." In fact, the aeroplane shown is the full-scale replica built in 1978 for the Soviet movie Poem of Wings. It wasn't flightworthy but was used for high-speed taxi. Now it is displayed at the Central Air Force Museum in Monino near Moscow.

Another caption on the same page reads, "there are people standing on the fuselage whilst in flight without any apparent railing or support." Actually, there was some kind of railing that can't be seen due to very low quality of the image. Here is a better one showing Igor Sikorsky himself.

Sorry for nitpicking. :)

Mitchell - A2A
Aviation Writer and Pilot

Post by Mitchell - A2A »

alpha charlie wrote:While being overall an excellent reading, the manual contains some inaccuracies concerning early Sikorsky aircraft.

The caption of a bigger picture on p.32 says, "Sikorsky Ilya Muromets shown during WWI with its crew of manual engine starters." In fact, the aeroplane shown is the full-scale replica built in 1978 for the Soviet movie Poem of Wings. It wasn't flightworthy but was used for high-speed taxi. Now it is displayed at the Central Air Force Museum in Monino near Moscow.

Another caption on the same page reads, "there are people standing on the fuselage whilst in flight without any apparent railing or support." Actually, there was some kind of railing that can't be seen due to very low quality of the image. Here is a better one showing Igor Sikorsky himself.

Sorry for nitpicking. :)
No problem alpha charlie. I guess my poor attempts at humour with regard to these photos (the truth of which I was quite aware) did not fall upon everyone's eyes with equal grace. The word "apparent" was used deliberately and somewhat, perhaps too, ironically. No offense intended.

Mitchell

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”