A2A Connie manuals online

The "Queen of the Skies"
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Connie manuals online

Post by Styggron »

Jacques wrote:And then, there is the argument that the "new" thing or feature is the Constellation itself, yes? It certainly isn't going to fly like anything else!
Actually no. I explained that in the post. :D
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

CAPFlyer wrote:
Mantock wrote:Just read through the manual and scanned back through it a couple of times,

I was specifically looking for the optimal cruise altitude for the Connie, the closest I got where those tables on pages 138 and 139, these hint that the highest cruise is 24,000ft. Am I correct in this assumption?

- Peter
You are correct. In these older airplanes, cruising altitude is determined more by weather and distance than anything else. As long as you're below 88,000 pounds, look for the most favorable winds that's clear of other weather, is within your climb capability for the flight, and head for that altitude. If at any time you can't maintain climb speed and 500FPM climb, then level off a while and climb again once you've burned off some fuel.

For example, flying from San Francisco to Hawaii, the best altitude is probably under 15,000 feet for the whole flight because the prevailing winds start getting really strong above that meaning you could loose 50-100 knots of speed to headwinds, and when your TAS is only ~200 knots, you'll simply never get there. :?
I see, that all makes sense, thanks for that!
-Peter
ImageImage

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

@Scott - Thank you so much for that explanation of the branches of Accu-Sim and the work that went into the Connie. I can say qualitatively that the experience in my one Connie flight so far was definitely different from other A2A planes but nothing I could put a finger on as a standout. What that also does is explain the behavior and interaction I saw recently when something set my control sensitivities to zero in FSX (I use FSUIPC along with) and how different A2A planes responded differently from fine to unflyable.

The technical back stories are fascinating and much appreciated. I know you guys are busy - probably even more so with this new release and possible improvements and bug fixes (though I didn't hit any bugs and haven't seen much here that would be a bug - great beta testing!) - but some time if it doesn't reveal trade secrets or anything proprietary, could you guys do a family tree of sorts that shows the evolution of Accu-Sim and the lineage of each plane?

I guess the risk is that early planes might possibly be seen in a different light but for me at least, they are all gems and go way beyond what other planes, as good as many of them are, offer for flight simulation.

At any rate, kudos on the Connie! Merry Christmas to all, and I can't wait to get more flights in to properly shake down this beautiful plane! There is just a certain satisfaction that comes with these complex multi-engine birds.

And the manuals are great! An excellent read! I'm an old manual head and love the history and the detail!
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

JEubanks
Airman Basic

Post by JEubanks »

Thanks for the Manuals; enjoying the reading.
JGE

flashg50
Airman First Class

Post by flashg50 »

delete
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Helmut
Airman Basic

Post by Helmut »

Hi, sorry about my english, i came from Germany and my question is do you also have a Manual in german, cause i try to understand, but not all i can understand of the Manual.
thanks Helmut

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I have a question about the lighting the Connie cabin and the FE Panel. When I activate all switches lights from Pilot seat the Cabin and FE Panel side illuminates. And when I hit "L" from the keyboard the illumination increases. So, where is that switch to increase the brightness? I can't find such light switch on the Manual Guide.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Well, just a guess, and I will be pilloried for it I’m sure, but since A2A use in-house lighting controlled by the switches in the aircraft, then using the “L” key, which is an FSX-P3D command, may serve as an intensifier or floodlight that is acting in addition to the A2A lighting. As a rule I stay away from FSX or P3D commands that are already actioned by A2A purpose-built switches.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Jacques wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 00:39 Well, just a guess, and I will be pilloried for it I’m sure, but since A2A use in-house lighting controlled by the switches in the aircraft, then using the “L” key, which is an FSX-P3D command, may serve as an intensifier or floodlight that is acting in addition to the A2A lighting. As a rule I stay away from FSX or P3D commands that are already actioned by A2A purpose-built switches.
I agree but I use such "Light command" from keyboard because my Connie cockpit and FE Panel room still dark, very dark especially the FE Panel.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”