Captain of the Ship 049 "Connie" 12-minute promo video

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Re: Captain of the Ship 049 "Connie" 12-minute promo video

Post by Mickel »

That would explain why the site wasn't connecting yesterday... The 3y/o saw it and wants one. :D
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Thanks A2A, the natives were getting restless and this is just what they needed.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

mallcott wrote: Here's hoping for the hostess line: "Captain, I know we're at 20,000 ft, but can we PLEASE open a window..?"
:roll: Don't you no the drop down masks have a secondary use .... Idea was thought of when 'Blazing Saddles' was used on the in-flight passenger entertainment :lol:

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Great promo video and I'm also looking forward to the release of the Connie. I'm well set up for the release as I have 2 CH throttles, so I can control all engines individually!! :D

I hope A2A's site doesn't crash on release day, and also that the maintenance hangar does have some function other than just full overhaul. It would be great at least if we can overhaul individual engines as this will change the way the plane flies. If the plane has a radar nose option; great. But if not, it's not a big deal. Not many 049's had radar as, by the time this was mandated in the late 50's, very few 049 Connies were operating in the US, and it was only required for airliners flying in US airspace. Airliners operated outside of the US had no such requirements, and by this time, surviving 049s tended to be operated in Central and South America, or as cargo planes in other parts of the world.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

I did my flight training out of 4N1 Greenwood Lake years ago, and saw that Constellation more times than I can count, yet never knew at the time how historically significant it is and how lucky I was to see it! No idea what will be included in this package, but I'd love to see a paint scheme at some point depicting this exact aircraft... Having landed so many times at 4N1, I have trouble imagining how a Connie ever made it down there, so I'm looking forward to trying this in the sim as well! Only FSX scenery I have for there is many years old, but it will do in a pinch I guess...

Bring this on!
Joe

eker
Senior Airman

Post by eker »

OMG!!!

Why tease me so early? Now I am checking for release 5 times a day.
No release? Then I have to watch the promo all over again :roll:

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hi Mike,
Dogsbody55 wrote: If the plane has a radar nose option; great. But if not, it's not a big deal. Not many 049's had radar as, by the time this was mandated in the late 50's, very few 049 Connies were operating in the US, and it was only required for airliners flying in US airspace. Airliners operated outside of the US had no such requirements, and by this time, surviving 049s tended to be operated in Central and South America, or as cargo planes in other parts of the world.
That's just my point, lots of great repaints to make! 8)

Marcel

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

JoeS475 wrote:I have trouble imagining how a Connie ever made it down there.
Probably running on fumes with nothing inside, and on a FAA waiver allowing for it to land and then be permanently marooned there as a static display. Such a shame to see the bird in such disrepair though. Unfortunately cannot save them all.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Wohoo... just back from a short trip. Have to watch it now.
Three working days left for me and holidays are coming :mrgreen:
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

So lucky. I have 9 working days left before vacation. Luckily safety inspection at my work and all is done, so work is back to normal till I go on vacation. Hopefully the Connie arrives just in time.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy

crazac
Technical Sergeant

Post by crazac »

Looks Amazing :!: :!:

I will have to wait through the holidays and probably into Feb, before I can have a go. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to seeing her out there and all of the shares.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

mgr wrote:Hi Mike,
Dogsbody55 wrote: If the plane has a radar nose option; great. But if not, it's not a big deal. Not many 049's had radar as, by the time this was mandated in the late 50's, very few 049 Connies were operating in the US, and it was only required for airliners flying in US airspace. Airliners operated outside of the US had no such requirements, and by this time, surviving 049s tended to be operated in Central and South America, or as cargo planes in other parts of the world.
That's just my point, lots of great repaints to make! 8)

Marcel

Those Model 049 Connies operated outside of the USA tended not to have radar noses. So if we want to stay with actual period repaints, then there's not a lot of scope for repaints of those planes unless we get into the realms of "what if's" and applying later Model 649 & 749 paint schemes. Even early 1049's did not have radar noses, and not all later 1049's had them. If I remember correctly, radar was mandated in 1959, but don't quote me on that. But most US operators were having radar fitted as early as 1952. And to further complicate things, early Connies converted to radar often had a different (interim) pointier nose, more reminiscent of the standard nosecone. Western Airlines operated some operated some 049's with the "interim" radar nose, but I can't find any pictures of these.

But don't let me cramp your style. :D I'm looking forward to many, many repaints for this beauty. Some may need "a little" weathering!! :D Here's a couple of pic's to whet your appetite.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Raebo
Airman First Class

Post by Raebo »

The bar has been raised again, WOW!
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I like the paint style on N6000C. I really need to learn how to do repaints so I can make my own private plane version.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

JoeS475 wrote:I did my flight training out of 4N1 Greenwood Lake years ago, and saw that Constellation more times than I can count, yet never knew at the time how historically significant it is and how lucky I was to see it! No idea what will be included in this package, but I'd love to see a paint scheme at some point depicting this exact aircraft... Having landed so many times at 4N1, I have trouble imagining how a Connie ever made it down there, so I'm looking forward to trying this in the sim as well! Only FSX scenery I have for there is many years old, but it will do in a pinch I guess...

Bring this on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RkC-a4jjxU

It landed with room to spare on a runway that no longer exists (well sort of). Lots of history around that Connie at 4N1.

http://www.greenwoodlakeairport.com/id62.html
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”