GPS options for Lockheed Model 049 Constellation in FSX:Steam Edition

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
lucianj
Airman Basic

GPS options for Lockheed Model 049 Constellation in FSX:Steam Edition

Post by lucianj »

Hello,

I'm interested in getting the Lockheed Model 049 Constellation for FSX Steam Edition, but, I read the product description and even so I did not get which GPS it uses. Given that I install Connie in the FSX: Steam Edition (FSX:SE), which GPS would be available to me as default? Is it the GNS 500? GNS 400? or GNS 295?

And What are the thirty part GPS that I could get to install in Connie VC cockpit? Are the Reality-XP GPS compatible of Connie in FSX:SE? Would they appear in the Connie VC or I just could use it in a pop-up menu?

I would appreciate if you could help me in these questions.
Thank you!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: GPS options for Lockheed Model 049 Constellation in FSX:Steam Edition

Post by Scott - A2A »

The Reality XP GNS 430, Flight1 GTN 650, Mindstar GNS 430 and the KLN 90B are supported by default.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

SteamingSpoon
Airman Basic

Post by SteamingSpoon »

Hi,

Owing to the lack of availability in Navdata for the RealityXP GNS 430, would it be possible to use the RealityXP GTN 650 (Not the F1) with this airplane? It seems Flight1 is no longer selling their GTN 650 anymore (I've searched their website and it seems to just not exist anymore). If the Connie could be made compatible with the RXP GTN that would be awesome.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Yes, it is possible to get the RXP GTN 650 working in the Connie. Here is a link to how to do it: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70971&hilit=RXP+GTN

Seeya
ATB

SteamingSpoon
Airman Basic

Post by SteamingSpoon »

Paughco wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 03:54 Yes, it is possible to get the RXP GTN 650 working in the Connie. Here is a link to how to do it: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70971&hilit=RXP+GTN

Seeya
ATB
Hi there ATB,

Thanks for your help. I was able to successfully get the RXP GTN to work with the Connie following your steps. However, I'm unable to get a few buttons to work with the GPS - most notably the CDI button to switch from GPS to VLOC. I'm assuming this is because I don't have that .ini file you mentioned. I don't own the Bonanza or any other airplane that I use the 650 in - could you please send me your Ini file in that case? Also - after installing the GTN the physical unit in the VC seems to be "lodged" inside the frame of the F1 GTN model. Is there a workaround to this or do we just need to deal with it?

Thanks again!

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”