T-6 Cockpit Sound Different

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
warbirdguy101
Airman Basic

T-6 Cockpit Sound Different

Post by warbirdguy101 »

Hello all,

I am converting a real T-6G fuselage section into a cockpit simulator and want to use "Cockpit" instead of "Virtual Cockpit" since I have no need for the cockpit graphics while sitting in my real pit.

Simulator is P3Dv5

I find when I change the view to "Cockpit" I loose all the great soundscape from "Virtual Cockpit".

Is there any way to correct this?

Maybe a way to hide the "Virtual Cockpit" mesh while retaining the sound?

Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: T-6 Cockpit Sound Different

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome!
warbirdguy101 wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 13:09 Is there any way to correct this?
Yes, if you browse to the "panel.cfg" file for the T-6 (by default you can find it in the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_T6_Texan\panel" folder, you should find the following line.

//gauge01=A2A_T6!cockpitBuilder, 2,2,2,2 //For cockpit builders only.

If you edit it by simply removing the "//" at the beginning of the line, you should be able to hear the Accu-Sim sounds in the "cockpit" mode.

Anyway, sounds like a very interesting project you have on the go there! You're in good company here too, as there are some other talented builders who have made Spitfire, P-51 and Comanche cockpits (among others). If you'd be willing to share any pics or updates on the build, I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

warbirdguy101
Airman Basic

Post by warbirdguy101 »

Great thanks a ton! I never though to check there. It works great.

Next to figure out how to bind the Starter, Primer, and Manual Fuel Pump would you happen to know these off the top of your head?

There does not appear to be an FSUIPC offset, Event ID, or Simulation Variable tied to them when I watch the debug screen.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome. For the local variables for the controls you mention and few more, please check out this document which is linked from within the FAQ thread.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”