free flight issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

free flight issue

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The texan since install in FSXA has performed perfectly , till i came to fly it today that is .
On selection in free flight no matter which color scheme used , the chosen aircraft shows in the preview window and starts to rotate , immediately it starts turning , it freezes and FSXA stops responding , B17 and comanche work ok , not tried as yet my other A2A aircraft , still investigating issue but sofar at a loss as to what has corrupted the texan.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: free flight issue

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Alan,

Have you installed any mods to the T-6?

In any case, I'd recommend you delete the following file...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\T6\Update_fsx\client.wyc

..And then rerun the latest Accu-Sim update from here.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Nick.
FSXa aircraft have not been updated in ages due to A2A deciding to concentrate on P3D , but they where updated to the last version you issued , the B17 is very highly modified , the connie is modified by me for the DV window auto shut speed , these aircraft are also modified for views to better match my trackIR5 , its been a while since i used this updater , could you please give me a breakdown of what i need to back up FIRST , two things if i remember correctly that do need backing up , are the Aircraft and Panel.cfg files , the T6 mods are just the ones you do in the hangar and addon repaints , do the individual input configurators get changed on the updater and are the hours accrude changed
i know it goes through the entire fleet of A2A aircraft i have , so i do not wish to go down this route till i have backed up everything i need to , also i need to see which other A2A aircraft if any are showing same issues as the T6 , also the one thing on the PC that has changed recently , is i had to get a new mouse and headset both logitech , the mouse is G502 and headset is G935 which installed a hub , this gave me a few issues regarding sound on one of the hubs updates .
list of FSX aircraft i have
C172
c182
comanche 250
T-6 Texan
cherokee 180
B17+B17ACCUSIM
P-51D mil
P-47 Razorback
P-40
spitfire
B377
L049_Connie
F4U-1 corsair
WOP BF109E
Bonanza

regards Alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Nick.
So far aircraft tested is all the GA aircraft , the comche i flew last night instead of the intended T6 due to the issue i had , today the C172/182 seem OK , the cherokee 180 started ok , but was stuck like glue on the spot and no external sounds , hitting slew and going to alt then taking slew off , i got external sounds and aircraft flew ok till landing , when the engine cut out , on hangar check it gave a damage prop worn crank and oil/fuel leaks , as if the prop struck the ground , which it did not , i am now giving it a second test , never had issues like this before with A2A aircraft .
regards alan. 8)

EDIT second test of cherokee 180 went OK .

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Alan,

Apologies for not getting back to you yesterday.

If you're keen not to rerun the updater at this point that's fine; instead I'd recommend resetting your FSX installation back to it default start up flight and settings by deleting the FSX.cfg file which will force the sim to generate a fresh one. Before doing this, I advise backing up the entire "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" folder.

Similarly, I suggest backing up and deleting the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\T6" folder in case the log.dat file has somehow become corrupted.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Nick.
You miss understood me , i have not run the updater since the last A2A update for FSX aircraft , so i am rusty on what needs to be backed up prior to running it , i know the Aircraft and Panel.cfg files need backing up , what else needs to be saved , as the B17 is highly modified , the conni i modified for the DV window to prevent auto closure while taxiing , and i dont want to lose these mods .
As for FSXa i have the trike set for friday harbour in cold and dark which has been the default startup for years.
I am also in the process of trying to find out how many A2A aircraft that might be corrupted , so far just the T6 , i hope thats all that is corrupted .
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Nick.
I was hoping for a reply as to what i needed to back up before running the updater programe , any how i backed up my Panel and aircraft.cfg files of the T-6 just incase , and took a chance on not screwing up my other aircraft and updated via the updater , the T-6 is back up and running , thankfully the auto updater showed all my other aircaft as up to date , , as was the T-6 till something corrupted it .
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you're back in business. In terms of backing up your modified B-17 and Connie installations, only you know what files you've modified, so my advice would just have been "back up the whole lot" or words to that effect. It's a bit of a puzzle as to what caused the issue in the T-6 in the first place, but that's computers for you! :)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”