Big issue after new reinstall

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
dggoofy
Airman

Big issue after new reinstall

Post by dggoofy »

Hi,

I'm lost... I had to buy a new computer. My old one crashed. So I reinstall all my FSX:Acc. and of course all A2A Airplanes.
1. Airplane
2. Accusim
3. Updater

Restart system.

But I've got a big issue :

No accusim, no cockpit sound. Switches move, but no effect. Engine won't start even if I drop the plane from the air.

When I open the maintenance panel, I've got all parts in red. Battery if shot, etc... click on Overhauld does nothing.
And this happen to all airplane I tested till yet : P-51, P-40.

Simconnect works correctly as the default C172 perfectly works.

What's wrong. Please HELP!

W10 Pro + FSX:Acc + FSUIPC paid...

Cheers

Daniel

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Big issue after new reinstall

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you simconnect is a bit borked (default doesn't use it so its not a test if its working or not btw)

Can you please let us know the exact install procedure you used for the sim platform itself as it does sound like you are encountering either a loading issues related to the flight load or related to your FSX not being updated to the SP2 standard correctly. I'd also at this point have to just note that you really do wanna be running FSX:Steam edition if still running FSX in 2020 as it does have fixes over the old version + is a whole heap easier to install and fix thanks to its steam integration allowing a one click verification of game files.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dggoofy
Airman

Post by dggoofy »

Hi,

Thanks trying to help me.

Well, I did as usual (I already did like below before without issue, but on W7). I've got a full backup of my FSX (= the entire folder is saved on a external HD)... so

1) New installation with the original DVD. FSX Pro, activate, then Acceleration, activate. No problem. Start FSX to see. OK. I put FSX always on a separate SSD, G:\FSX
2) Rename the original folder FSX-Original
3) Copy the full backup on the G:\ and all needed files (on appdata and program. etc)
4) Launch FSX... All was perfect. I only needed to reinstall some add-ons like TacPack, VRS FA/18, CCP, FSX@War.

Till this point FSX ran perfectly. TacPack worked, Connection with FSX. No issue.

And then I reinstall A2A P51... no success.

But sure, I will not install Steam, because of my 600 Gb FSX installation! I cannot do that.

Cheers

Daniel

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean about rename FSX folder? It seems you have some extra steps in the basic installation process? (Are you installing and then manually copy/pasting the files and folders around as that will for sure break software etc)

Can you please let us know how you are loading into the flight from the windows desktop.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

dggoofy
Airman

Post by dggoofy »

Hello,

Well good question. Let me explain it.
My system contains always 2 SSD. The C:\ wich contains Windows and the bigger one (G:) for FSX or other games.
I backup the C: by creating a system image. To backup FSX, I simply copy and paste the FSX folder into a external HD. I do so because I spend a lot of time. The system image need 2-4 hours to run, but the simple backup only a few minutes, because I use a backup app that modifies only new or more recent files.
By the past, I had some viruses on the C:... so I just had to reset the image and done! If I made a big mist in FSX... I deleted the folder and copy and past the backup. It always worked. No link is broken.

But recently I change the entire computer and could not use the image system. I had to install Windows 10 totally (on C:\)

Then I Installed FSX on G: (fresh and new install from original DVD, activation etc...) I ran it. Works. Nice! Then I change the name of the directory (to FSX-orignal) and copy and paste my backup into g:\fsx (where I put the fresh installation). For 95% of the add-on no link is broken. All sceneries (ORBX and other) work and don't need a reinstall (they use only some bgl and dds, don't they ?). Nearly all airplanes work. The only add-ons I have to reinstall are the ones that write something else where than into FSX directory (main be into c:\users or into the registery.)

But don't worry, I'll try again and will search more in deep the reason why only A2A airplanes don't work.

Cheers

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

As a techie I have to cringe a little at the process you go through to avoid the 'best practice' correct reinstall, as fundamentally your install will be broken at the system level. Whilst FSX has a unique ability to run whilst broken, I am sure a bunch of errors will be getting thrown internally under the hood. I'd say its akin to a grand castle made of matchsticks. Looks great but a single break and things can come tumbling down. So worth bearing this in mind when going this route that you are going against best practice and the results could be fine but equally could lead to a lot of frustration and issues.

However having said that, I do think you could try a repair over a reinstall to correct things under the hood.

Insert the Acceleration disc and choose repair and it might be able to fix things for you and you might get sound back etc too as it should fix all the internal stuff that is a requirement of the advanced simulations within SP2 including our Accu-sim range. tl:dr simconnect can be a royal PITA when going the copy paste route over a reinstall.

thanks,
Lewis

dggoofy
Airman

Re: Big issue after new reinstall - SOLVED

Post by dggoofy »

Hi Lewis,
Lewis - A2A wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 06:13 As a techie I have to cringe a little at the process you go through to avoid the 'best practice' correct reinstall, as fundamentally your install will be broken at the system level. Whilst FSX has a unique ability to run whilst broken, I am sure a bunch of errors will be getting thrown internally under the hood. I'd say its akin to a grand castle made of matchsticks. Looks great but a single break and things can come tumbling down. So worth bearing this in mind when going this route that you are going against best practice and the results could be fine but equally could lead to a lot of frustration and issues.
I totally understand what you mean. Promised, I will not be upset or angry if some bugs occure. :wink: I have an over 10 years old experience with FSX and saw that nearly all add-ons are installed into the main FSX directory and that there is nothing usefull outside, except maybe an unstall.exe. For a long time now I had to reinstall from fresh... I spent 2 weeks to recover MY FSX.

But, good news : I retry my odd method. And guess what : Now it works, even the A2A birds. So happy... because they are my very favorite airplanes. No reinstall, just copy and paste, except some add-on, but very few.

So thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Daniel

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Smashing stuff Daniel, I guess from our end the question would be just to check the updater is working ok and locating the aircraft ok

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”