Sudden Altitude Plunge

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Hot Dog
Airman Basic

Sudden Altitude Plunge

Post by Hot Dog »

Hi all

I've tried searching for answers but can't find anything yet (I guess you have to get the wording right).

I have a problem with the T6 making sudden plunges to the ground. The engine coughs a little as it happens too. I guess the best description is like our cat has suddenly batted the nose of the plane. Any suggestions?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Sudden Altitude Plunge

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi and welcome to the A2A community.

From your description it's a bit tricky to understand the issue, but are you experiencing a loss of power which is causing the nose to drop? If so, what sort of weather conditions are you flying in, and do you an external weather engine (such as ActiveSky) installed?

Also, which host sim do you have the T-6 installed in?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hot Dog
Airman Basic

Post by Hot Dog »

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response. P3d v5, fair weather, no external weather progs. It's not no much a loss of power (though that does happen) , it is literally as though someone has smacked the nose of the plane down. I will go from fairly steady flight (manually) to a sudden vsi of -2500

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the added info. It's unusual to see such a big drop in vertical speed without any third-party weather engines installed. However, there are pretty powerful thermals by default, so maybe try a flight with the "clear skies" weather theme?

Also, you could try unticking "turbulence and thermal effects" in the P3D "world" settings to verify if this is what's causing the behaviour.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hot Dog
Airman Basic

Post by Hot Dog »

Thanks for your reply.

I've un ticked thermals and turbulence, but still experiencing the same problems. My worst dive was into a minus 6. Literally from straight and level to full dive in clear weather. The only thing that I think it could be is something to do with Air Hauler 2. I'll post the same on their forums and see if there is a clue

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Hot Dog.

Yeah, this definitely isn't behaviour that's programmed into the T-6 so it may be worth looking at AH2 or any other add-ons which are running.

When it comes to AH2, does it launch the sim and/or load your flight for you? I seem to recall this causing issues in the past.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

try the P3D forums too, there was a bug in P3Dv5 that I am not sure has been fixed just yet. It causes the effect you are seeing with a hand of god like effect and your aircraft just loses altitude like being pushed down to the ground.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hot Dog
Airman Basic

Post by Hot Dog »

Thanks Lewis, I will do.

AH2 cannot see a possible reason why they would be the cause. Like you guys, it's not in their programming. I'll try P3D

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”