A2A products and SIMCONNECT

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jsotherland
Airman Basic

A2A products and SIMCONNECT

Post by jsotherland »

Hi, I scoured both the forum and internet for a solution to my problem. Which is: after installing my A2A products it appears that SIMCONNECT is not talking to my aircraft. I have troubleshot using all suggestions I have found here and other sites and am unable to get consistent use. I think I have narrowed down the issue however. For some reason A2A installed to my OneDrive\Documents folder. So I was going to try to install into something more traditional, but keep getting the install location as my only option, i.e., "This program has detected that you already have at least one A2A Sim add-on installed in the folder below." However there is no A2A folder in that location. I had installed and uninstalled multiple times using both Windows 10 app uninstaller and 2 different third-party uninstallers ... I have no hidden files or folders, have searched everywhere else for A2A hanger-ons to no avail. Even regedit appears clean.

So any advice on how to get the A2A installer to let me pick the folder of my choice would be much appreciated. I really don't want to have to do a new clean install on a brand-new build PC!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A products and SIMCONNECT

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi,

Installing outside of the OneDrive folder is a good plan as if the OneDrive app is accessing files, there's always a chance for issues.
jsotherland wrote: 01 May 2020, 12:00 So any advice on how to get the A2A installer to let me pick the folder of my choice would be much appreciated. I really don't want to have to do a new clean install on a brand-new build PC!
If you've uninstalled and manually removed any leftover "A2A" folder in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" you'll need to launch P3D before you can reinstall to a new location as mentioned in the installer UI.

This step is necessary to allow P3D to rebuild its add-ons.cfg files.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jsotherland
Airman Basic

Post by jsotherland »

Thanks, I tried that as well. But appreciate the timely response.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Could you try opening the add-ons.cfg (C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4) with a text editor, and check if it contains an entry referring to A2A?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jsotherland
Airman Basic

Post by jsotherland »

Nick,thanks, and yes, it is the very first entry. it is also listed as first when add-ons is opened in P3Dv4.5 ...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks - that's the entry that the installer is reading. If the A2A folder referred to by this file has been removed, P3D should remove this entry and rebuild the file next time it's launched, hence the note shown above about running and exiting P3D.

If OneDrive is somehow causing an issue here, it may be worth manually deleting that entire add-ons.cfg file. P3D will rebuild it next time you launch the simulator.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jsotherland
Airman Basic

Post by jsotherland »

OK, Nick, will give it a shot ...

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”