T6log.dat.bak1 File

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
TatoBean
Airman First Class

T6log.dat.bak1 File

Post by TatoBean »

Quick question. I was checking the .dat file locations as I'm thinking of trying to implement the Where Are My Aircraft ad on. (cause it would be cool to park all my planes in a hangar at the same time!) and have heard that it can create some instability issues. So in an effort to be proactive I'd love to know where all the files are if and when it becomes an issue. So I found the folder, but for each file I have 5 iterations of the Backup file (.dat.bak1, .dat.bak2, .dat.bak3, etc) So if the sim were to crash and make the MX hangar go all haywire, which file would I convert to the .dat file?
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: T6log.dat.bak1 File

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Each time you launch the P-40 in the sim, a new backup is created of the aircraft's most recent state (i.e. the existing .dat file) and this is named with the .bak1 suffix. Next reload, .bak1 becomes .bak2 so you have two backups and so on, up to .bak5. In other words, once you've been using the aircraft for a while, the 5 .bak files represent its most recent history, with .bak5 being the oldest. Typically, if you have any issues, you'd need to delete the existing .dat file and remove the suffix from .bak1 to replace it, but if you wish to restore an earlier state, just pick one of the older .bak files.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Perfect! The exact answer I was looking for! Thanks so much.
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome!

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”