Unable to load T6

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Snorre
A2A Test Pilot

Re: Unable to load T6

Post by Snorre »

Hello Nick,

I will wait following the procedure in the Vid and help to try solving the A2A_AccuSim.dll issue.

My A2A_Accusim.dll has version number 20.2.15.0

Casey's way of doing it won't really help me because I would have to uninstall all my A2A aircraft, which would mean a lot of time to reinstall them which I don't have right now.

I'm happy to try any file to resolve the problem.

Edit: One more info: I uninstalled and reinstalled the T6, this time without running the update. That resulted in P3D not starting at all.

Cheers

Gunter
Gunter

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Gunter.

We have an idea of what's causing the problem, so a fix will be issued as soon as possible.

Apologies for the unscheduled grounding of any Texans in the meantime!

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Dagnabbit! Mine too. It was fine up to a few/several days ago. In fact I was feeling so smug I didn't bother to test mine. Doh!
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Guys,

We're still working to make a fix available for this issue: basically, it'll affect any T-6 owners who have recently updated the 182, Cherokee or Bonanza.

If you're one of those who's unable to load the Texan and you're really keen to take a flight in the old girl, please can you download this file and use it to replace the copy in your installation. By default it can be found in this folder:

Documents\Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges

Note that this is actually a slightly older older version of the file and so will undo a recent bugfix which prevents the engine from quitting when idling in some Accu-Sim aircraft.

We'll release a proper fix for this issue via the update tool as soon as we can.

Thanks and apologies to anyone affected,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Nothing like a nice update to get the blood pumping, eh Nick? :D Well done for discovering what it is/was. I was beavering away and got to the point where I could load the aircraft but as soon as I touched anything P3D froze on me.

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 03 Mar 2020, 02:08
curtis72561 wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 21:28 Question. Do I need to re-install all A2A aircraft? They are in the folder that was removed and don't show up.
Curtis,

Reinstalling just one should do the trick. We'll look into the issue with the A2A_Accusim.dll chaps. Please can you let us know the file version number of the copy that is present when this issue occurs. You can see the version number if you hover the mouse cursor over the file, or if you right click and view the file's properties.

Thanks,
Nick
Version 20.2.15.0
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Snorre
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Snorre »

Thanks Nick,
it works for me!
Gunter

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks guys,

Just to let you know we've now released the 'official' fix for this issue via the usual 'check for updates' shortcut in the Windows start menu. Improved 2-D panel VR support is also included in the update.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I don't care what the others say Nick, I reckon you're a top man for cracking the whip and getting it fixed so promptly.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Cheers Ron! :mrgreen:

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Boy that was quick. It's working great. Thank you.
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Hey Guys. I just discovered I'm having same issue in FSX. Since I don't fly the 6 in FSX much but use it to check repaints since it loads a lot faster I don't know when this started. I started a polished metal repaint and went to test and it won't load just freezes then FSX quits after about 1 min. It looks like my Accusim is updated to 02_04_19 and Accu-Feel to v.2.091. Was working last time I did a repaint but that has been a few months ago. :o :shock: :?

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

curtis72561 wrote: 17 Mar 2020, 07:03 Hey Guys. I just discovered I'm having same issue in FSX. Since I don't fly the 6 in FSX much but use it to check repaints since it loads a lot faster I don't know when this started. I started a polished metal repaint and went to test and it won't load just freezes then FSX quits after about 1 min. It looks like my Accusim is updated to 02_04_19 and Accu-Feel to v.2.091. Was working last time I did a repaint but that has been a few months ago. :o :shock: :?
Never mind. I went ahead and ran the Accusim updates again and the it said it was already up updated to lastest. Ran Accu-Feel update again and it's working. :? :? :? :? :D

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

You run Accusim aircraft along with Accu-Feel? I think that's asking for more Accu that you can handle. :shock:
The other night during our online flight one of the chaps complained of his Bonanza being flipped sideways violently every so often. After much discussion it turned out he had Accu-Feel activated on the Bonanza. He disabled it and we never heard another peep out of him. :D

I for one, didn't realise that Accu-Feel could be activated on an Accusim airplane. We live and learn.

dfinlay
Airman

Post by dfinlay »

Hi Guys

Did about 4 hours of T-6 flying all day yesterday and decided it was time to reinstall my Bonanza and P40. Went back today to do more T-6 flying and it will not load past the black screen. I have checked and all my A2A aircraft are up to date. The P-40 and Bonanza load and work as they should.

Thanks
Chris

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”