Unable to load T6

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Unable to load T6

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Chris,

Can you let us know which host sim you're using? If it's P3Dv4, please can you confirm the version number of the A2A_Accusim.dll which can be found in the following directory by default.

Documents\Prepar3Dv4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dfinlay
Airman

Post by dfinlay »

Hi Nick

I’m using P3D V4 with the latest HF. The file is 20.2.15.0

Thanks
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for confirming Chris.

The latest update for the T-6 (and indeed the P-40) should have replaced this version of the gauge with a newer one. Please can you just confirm that you've clicked the "check for updates" icon for these two aircraft?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dfinlay
Airman

Post by dfinlay »

Thank you for getting back so fast. I have checked for updates on all my installed A2A aircraft (172,T-6,P-40,V35) and can confirm they are all up to date. I have downloaded new installers from the website when I re installed them which was last week. Once installed I ran the update which updated all the aircraft.

Thanks
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Chris - I'm not sure why the new core DLL isn't being installed on your system when you run the update, but it guess it's possible that AV software or something could be interrupting the process. Please can you download the T-6 update manually and rerun it to see if it's more successful: it's available here.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dfinlay
Airman

Post by dfinlay »

I have just run the update the file is 20.3.4.0 and can load the T-6. Not sure what could be the issue I just have the windows AV

Thanks
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, good to hear the issue with the T-6 is fixed anyway. It might be worth just checking that the installed version number for each of your other A2A aircraft matches the latest version shown here. You can find the installed version number for each in the list of installed Windows programs.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dfinlay
Airman

Post by dfinlay »

Thanks Nick

I have just checked and they seem to all match the current versions. Any ideas why they would update but not that one file ?

Thanks
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Chris,

No not really, unless another piece of software was accessing the file at the time. Is your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons directory synced by Microsoft OneDrive or similar?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dfinlay
Airman

Post by dfinlay »

Not that I’m aware of I don’t use one drive. My Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder is on a separate hard drive from the operation system. So my A2A folder is not sitting in my Documents not sure if that would cause an issue

Thanks
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Installing to a separate drive won't have any effect on the update process so long as the folders involved aren't manually moved or renamed. It's a bit of a mystery what happened in your case Chris, but provided you now have the latest A2A_Accusim.dll installed, you should be good.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

dfinlay
Airman

Post by dfinlay »

Thank you nick for your help. Very much appreciated

Thanks
Chris

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”