VOR/ Radio operation in T-6

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flash2
Senior Airman

VOR/ Radio operation in T-6

Post by flash2 »

I am just learning VOR in the T-6 and found that I can control the cockpit radio from my Saitek Radio Panel with knob settings but cannot switch from Active to Standby from my Panel.

I have to do this from the cockpit panel which is a distraction when airborne. Does anyone else have this problem?

Is it a Saitek radio problem?

I also found that the VOR identifying Morse code is almost continuous whereas it thought that once I had identified the station it would go away?

How do I post on a T-6 panel or forum

Thanks for any input,

flash2

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: VOR/ Radio operation in T-6

Post by Jacques »

Hi Flash2

I can’t answer your question about the Saitek kit you have but, with regards to the morse identifier, yes it constantly repeats. Which makes sense because anyone, at anytime might also need to verify they are tuned to that navaid. You can turn it down, or off, by rotating the “pull/ident knob (which acts as a volume knob, or by pushing the same knob “in” which will turn off the ident function. I’m sure you didn’t mean to post this in the Spitfire section of the forums, so Lewis might be able to move it over to the T6 area! 😂

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: VOR/ Radio operation in T-6

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi flash2,

Yes, as Jacques says, the NAV ident in the T-6 can be toggled on and off by left clicking the switch marked "pull ident" on the radio. The ability to rotate the knob isn't modelled, so instead it works as a simple on/off switch.

For your Saitek radio panel you should be able to use FSUIPC or SPAD.neXt to assign any commands which don't work by default.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Topic moved to T-6 tech support forum.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”