Landing issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jimmyanderson123
Airman

Landing issue

Post by jimmyanderson123 »

Howdy. Not sure if im in the right place here.
However every time i 3 point the t6 all is well. Although when you attempt to wheel the puppy on and get it perfectly greased it suddenly and violently throws you back in the air or off to the right of left or even nose over!! Any ideas?

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Re: Landing issue

Post by bobsk8 »

jimmyanderson123 wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 07:12 Howdy. Not sure if im in the right place here.
However every time i 3 point the t6 all is well. Although when you attempt to wheel the puppy on and get it perfectly greased it suddenly and violently throws you back in the air or off to the right of left or even nose over!! Any ideas?
What is your airspeed when touching down in a wheel landing?
After the wheels touch down , what are you doing with controls and brakes?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

jimmyanderson123
Airman

Touching about 80 mph as stated in book just using small amounts of rudder to keep it straight. But it slings me back in the air about 2 secs after touching and when it does you have 0 airspeed and then always brake sonething.
So its really annoying as i always have to 3 point.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

What scenery are you using? Does this happen at all airports?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

What's your vertical speed at touchdown? It sounds like you're describing having crash detection turned off and you're bouncing back up because it thinks you've crashed.

jimmyanderson123
Airman

AviationAtWar wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 12:23 What's your vertical speed at touchdown? It sounds like you're describing having crash detection turned off and you're bouncing back up because it thinks you've crashed.
This could be a possibility. Will have to check the settings and try again tonight.
Will report back once i have tried this. Thanks for the info

Yes it happens at all aiports. Just standard scenery from fsx not invested in any others yet as i dont know if my simple pc could handle it. I mainly fly round south florida as this is where i learnt to fly so if yoi have any recommendations for scenery rhat would be appreciated.

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? And did it launch you back in the air with an associated roll? This sounds a lot like what's happening to me. Not every time but occasionally, you land, roll for a couple seconds then suddenly the airplane is trying to kill you?
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yup that sounds about right. Get ready on the controls as soon as your angle of attack gets to the point where the wing covers all the tail surfaces that's when the T-6 gets its famous ground loop from. Its not the initial landing or touchdown but well into the landing just as you think all is OK when the aircraft will want to swing around and if at higher speeds dip wings and nigh on flip as the wheels grip and un grip often as the pilot over corrects one way then the next.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 20 Jul 2020, 06:47 Yup that sounds about right. Get ready on the controls as soon as your angle of attack gets to the point where the wing covers all the tail surfaces that's when the T-6 gets its famous ground loop from. Its not the initial landing or touchdown but well into the landing just as you think all is OK when the aircraft will want to swing around and if at higher speeds dip wings and nigh on flip as the wheels grip and un grip often as the pilot over corrects one way then the next.

Thanks,
Lewis
I have experienced the ground loop before and it’s quite obvious what causes it. but if Jimmy and I are talking about the same thing there is no lateral movement before the airplane gets violently thrown into the air. As though one main wheel is going over a very steep ramp.
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you can start a new thread with the exact details we can help you troubleshoot the issue you are having.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”