Do I have a problem with my sound?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Do I have a problem with my sound?

Post by FlyingsCool »

Hi,

The ambient sound sounds basically like the ocean, and doesn't really change in volume, and that's all I hear for ambient sound in the aircraft. Engine, starter, landing, shop, those all sound fine. I can hear the canopy close and all that stuff, and it does change in volume when I close the canopy. I'm just checking to see if that's what it should sound like. Just kind of like white noise without much character.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Do I have a problem with my sound?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi,

There's no 'ambient sound' as such included with the T-6. In other words, if you're hearing sounds when the aircraft is stationary and shut down, then the chances are they're part of a scenery add-on or other utility.

However, maybe you're referring to the wind noise effect when in flight? This should certainly change in volume depending on airspeed, attitude (for example if slipping the aircraft) and on how the aircraft is configured (landing gear, flaps, etc).

Thanks,
Nick

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Re: Do I have a problem with my sound?

Post by FlyingsCool »

It is there when the engine isn't running and the plane is sitting. Kind of loud. It does change in volume depending on the state of canopy and if the headphone knob is turned on or off. It doesn't really change when the engine is on or off I think.

I'll see if I can figure out how to record a video and capture it.

The reason I said something is that it seems to sound to me like the sound system is trying to play something, but that audio file isn't there, and it's amplifying the signal noise from the channel.

For instance, I was flying the Cub at an airport, and there were some birds chirping (interestingly enough, at 1000 ft they were still audible in flight, haha).

As you said, it may not even be A2A audio I'm hearing, though adjusting things in the plane does change the audio. So I was just putting it out there to see if I'm supposed to be hearing anything, and if perhaps there have been cases where perhaps not all the audio files installed or played correctly for other people.

(It's amazing how the community helps us all debug issues).

This is in FSX:Acc btw.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”