Maintenance hangar issues P3D

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
FlappySlats
Airman Basic

Maintenance hangar issues P3D

Post by FlappySlats »

Hello,

Recently installed the T-6 into P3D V4, (have flow in for a while in FSX) updater says it is up to date. Plane flew perfectly in the two flights since installing; but in the maintenance hangar I can swap the spinner but not the antenna or canopy. When I click on the antenna or canopy spots the antenna one makes the socket wrench sound but nothing changes, and when I try the canopy it switches to the modern canopy for a second or two then switches back. Plane is C&D with chocks on. Assume I should I try a re-install?

P3D V4.3
Windows 10

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Maintenance hangar issues P3D

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Please can you let us know if you're using the new Prepar3D v4 installer for the T-6? If you are, the T-6 will show version 18.9.8.0 in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window after installing the update.

Thanks,
Nick

FlappySlats
Airman Basic

Post by FlappySlats »

Yes, I used the new installer from the new store. Here is a capture of the version info:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for confirming.

Hmm - I'm not able to reproduce the same issue here. Do you load a default P3D aircraft before switching to the T-6? Also, any other P3D utilities/add-ons installed, or modifications to the T-6 such as repaints?

Nick

FlappySlats
Airman Basic

Post by FlappySlats »

Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, thanks for confirming.

Hmm - I'm not able to reproduce the same issue here. Do you load a default P3D aircraft before switching to the T-6? Also, any other P3D utilities/add-ons installed, or modifications to the T-6 such as repaints?

Nick
It happens with stock paint or add-on paint. Yes I load the default Cub at my 'home' airport as the default flight, then switch aircraft. Don't have any add-ons like the GTN in the airplane, but I do run ASN and FSUPIC.

Will give a re-install a shot this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks for your quick responses!

FlappySlats
Airman Basic

Post by FlappySlats »

OK, tried uninstalling and re-installing the T-6 and still have the same problem. And now I went to fly the Bonanza instead (haven't had problems with it since getting it) and it's doing the same thing. The tip tanks won't stay on the plane, it reverts back to the regular wings. Not sure how it would be effecting both aircraft?

Should I try downloading FRAPS or something to capture it in action?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

FlappySlats,

I recommend you try swapping these components in the maintenance hangar with FSUIPC disabled and see if the problem persists. I don't recall this is an issue which has ever been reported before but do animations otherwise work okay? (For example, if you swap around the aircraft occupants using the Shift 3 menu?)

Thanks,
Nick

FlappySlats
Airman Basic

Post by FlappySlats »

Nick - A2A wrote:FlappySlats,

I recommend you try swapping these components in the maintenance hangar with FSUIPC disabled and see if the problem persists. I don't recall this is an issue which has ever been reported before but do animations otherwise work okay? (For example, if you swap around the aircraft occupants using the Shift 3 menu?)

Thanks,
Nick
Ok I will try disabling FSUIPC.

I did try going back to the default P3D flight (F-22 raptor) last night and now I can swap the tanks on the Bonanza and the canopy on the Texan, but the antennas still do the same thing. Not a huge deal but strange since it hasn't happened on the FSX:SE version.

I can switch out passengers, load fuel, etc. okay.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the added info. From your latest post, the issue does seem to be related to the way you're loading the aircraft in the sim. However, trying with FSUIPC disabled may still be worth a shot.

Please keep us posted as to how you get on.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”