The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:20 am 
Chief Master Sergeant

Medtner wrote:
Did anybody notice the sound coming when the beacon is turned on? Is this from the motor turning it? :)

I did and I was wondering the same thing. But I think it actually makes a lot of sense that you would here it turning since you’re practically sitting on the beacon. Very nice detail!

Akar wrote:
(I must add that I don't like the idea on taping the error on a faulty tach - it should be fixed right away, being practically a no-go item. I guess in the simulation it is up to us to decide when to resolve gauge issues. :))

I think this is very common. Also with oil pressure gauges or the like. I've seen this quite a lot when it says "reads 1 bar to little". I don't like it either I have to say!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:47 am 
Staff Sergeant

Medtner wrote:
Akar wrote:
(I must add that I don't like the idea on taping the error on a faulty tach - it should be fixed right away, being practically a no-go item. I guess in the simulation it is up to us to decide when to resolve gauge issues. :))

I think this is very common. Also with oil pressure gauges or the like. I've seen this quite a lot when it says "reads 1 bar to little". I don't like it either I have to say!

Was flying in my friends Mooney and he would fly 200 feet lower than what he wanted to fly at as ATC would see the plane at the correct alt. So if he wanted to fly at 1,000 feet he would fly at 800 on his gauge and ATC would see him at 1,000.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 am 
Airman First Class

nice video nice features coming the hard time to wait this baby has come :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:13 pm 
Airman

Working my way North to Alaska.. Arrived in PAJN, found some parking and look what see; it's an omen 8)

can't wait !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:20 pm 
Airman First Class

canuck wrote:
Working my way North to Alaska.. Arrived in PAJN, found some parking and look what see; it's an omen 8)

can't wait !

nice! its a sign ? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:23 pm 
Senior Airman

Nick - A2A wrote:
CmdrSharp wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether the GTN 650 will be mounted like the default GPS (on the left window)?
The GTN 650 is actually a rather large unit CmdrSharp, and certainly too bulky to fix to the window glass unless you had some really hefty sucker pads. :mrgreen:

It's mounted in the central avionic stack.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick, I find your lack of faith disturbing. If Blue Peter has taught us anything it's that you can stick anything to anything else using just sticky back plastic.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:36 pm 
A2A Captain

Moggster wrote:
Nick, I find your lack of faith disturbing. If Blue Peter has taught us anything it's that you can stick anything to anything else using just sticky back plastic.
Well - if you could show me one you prepared earlier, I might be persuaded! :mrgreen:

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 pm 
A2A Mechanic

Medtner wrote:
Did anybody notice the sound coming when the beacon is turned on? Is this from the motor turning it? :)
Yep, the rotating beacons as really meant by the definition are just that, having a motor rotating the lens assembly around the light source. Often clearly audible over the radios' fans etc. :) But certainly not over the engine.

-Esa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:49 pm 
A2A Mechanic

Piper_EEWL wrote:
Akar wrote:
Have them lined up for shooting when the Sun comes up! :mrgreen:

-Esa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:49 pm 
Chief Master Sergeant

AKar wrote:
Piper_EEWL wrote:
Akar wrote:
Have them lined up for shooting when the Sun comes up! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:13 pm 
Airman Basic

Hi Scott,
Just seen the video, really looks amazing, the rain drops on the windscreen, how they react to the prop wash!! Can I preorder in case you run out of stock for the V Tail lol.
Just inching for a new plane, I have tried others from different sites mainly GA, but nothing compares to the Accu sim.

So are you near to the release?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:17 pm 
Technical Sergeant

If Nick's hanging around here with the riffraff, it must mean the installer is finished...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 pm 
Airman First Class

patful wrote:
If Nick's hanging around here with the riffraff, it must mean the installer is finished...

hahaha :D brilliant find... but i think the installer is finished since the beta team have their hands on it. maybe iam wrong but i think all the work now its to prepare the release and check the download server, folder and files included maybe but i never launch a digital product on a market so i dont think how its work but all i know its that the a2a team work hard to launch this bird.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:31 pm 
VIP Partner

canuck wrote:

Interestingly enough, I'm doing the exact opposite. I'm currently in Yakutat about to cross into Gustavus, and then Juneau. I'm headed south into PNW, then headed over to Wyoming.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:43 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next