Mouse Wheel as throttle

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
AhunterG
Airman

Mouse Wheel as throttle

Post by AhunterG »

Hi Guys,

I have done a bit of a search to see if this has popped up already but can't seem to find anything.

I use my mouse wheel to control the throttle of most aircraft, A2A and non. It seems like most aircraft throttle up in increments of 1% but it appears that the T-6 is jumping up by increments of 5% at a time. Due to the nature of the T-6 this causes a lot of backfiring...

Just wondering if there is something that can be changed so that when using the mouse wheel the throttle increase is more smooth? I don't have this issue in the C172, Spitfire or Cherokee, all increase by 1% at a time.

Hope you can help,

Best regards,

Andrew

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Mouse Wheel as throttle

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Andrew,

how are you loading the flight?

I just checked and mine moves in 1% intervals. Sometimes a saved flight can get stuck on different intervals, its an old MSFS bug and most often noted with radio changes.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AhunterG
Airman

Post by AhunterG »

Hey Lewis,

Generally, all my flights are loaded from a saved flight that began with a default LM aircraft such as the Piper Cub or F-22, then an A2A or other 3rd party aircraft is loaded and saved again. But in saying that I have tried from a fresh scenario.

Oh, you know what Lewis, as I take a significantly closer look into this I have noticed something.... Because I use "Mouse as Yoke" and mouse wheel as throttle, all aircraft do in fact increase by 5% in this state. It is only noticeable in the T-6 because of its unique throttle behavior. The Mouse Wheel appears to be tied to "Throttle (increase and decrease **quickly**)" rather than the increase or decrease command... In the VC hovering the mouse over the throttle and wheeling over does increase and decrease by 1%.

It's probably not an A2A issue. You wouldn't happen to know if it is possible to change the mouse wheel to the increase and decrease command rather than Throttle (increase and decrease *quickly*)? I feel like I have tried to but maybe I'm missing something. I'm in P3D V4.

Regards,

Andrew

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

General advice from me would be to not map the mouse wheel because of its default function to change values.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”