T6, C172, Connie - All Broken

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
johnwillimas
Airman

T6, C172, Connie - All Broken

Post by johnwillimas »

I have suddenly got problems with all three of my A2A aircraft. On the C172 and the T6 when I load them I get a small black square flashing at the bottom of the screen. On the T6 the whole cockpit from flashes, on the C172 the radios flash in and out of view. On both if I move my viewpoint with my controller's hat switch, the viewpoint pops back to the default view immediately. On the Connie, I don't get that happening but I do get simconnect failures.

The problems happen whether or not I load a default aircraft first. Other aircraft seem OK.

I've tried re-running the 10-12-17 updater but it tells me they are all up to date.

All have been working fine until today and I'm not aware of changing anything, though there was a Windows update a couple of days back.

Any thoughts welcomed.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: T6, C172, Connie - All Broken

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
When did you last fly these aircraft in an ok state , if before win update then win update could be the cause , could you please give details of sim used and win system , which sounds like win 10 if recently updated.
If possible try rolling back pc to just before the update , when aircraft worked , to see if its restored the aircraft to a working state , also if its a win 10 update then it may have damaged or uninstalled things like simconnect , that A2A aircraft rely on more than other aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

johnwillimas
Airman

Post by johnwillimas »

Yes, it's Windows 10.

I'm using FS-X SP2.

The Win 10 update was quite recent (14/05/18) and yesterday would have been the first flights since that, so it's definitely at the top of my suspect list. I'll try rolling back and see if that helps..

johnwillimas
Airman

Post by johnwillimas »

Rolling back Win 10 to the previous release didn't fix that, sadly (although it did mend another problem unrelated to Flight Sim.... pah!).

I've also noticed that my Active Sky Next is no longer connecting, so the suspicion is now falling on Simconnect as I think both A2A & Active Sky use this.
Suggestion at ASN was to start both ASN and FSX in Adminstrator mode. Which has solved the ASN problem but my A2A problems are unchanged.

One extra clue... if I try to load the T6 as the start up aircraft the "flashing screen" problem doesn't occur but the aircraft loads with wheels retracted and then crashes. If I load a default aircraft first the flashing screen problem returns.

Experimentation continues....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi John,

Please can you try the 'repair' option for any Microsoft SimConnect entries in the Add/Remove Apps Window. Alternatively, there's a link below to the FSX SimConnect installer which you could try running:

http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just to add to the definite sim-connect suspect, also make sure you make a brand new default flight and test in all new flights rather than loading a saved flight. Sometimes it can be a saved flight itself breaking sim-connect and a new flight can fix this.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

johnwillimas
Airman

Post by johnwillimas »

So, maybe progress is being made. I ran the msi package and reinstalled SimConnect. Rebootted.

The flashing screen problem remains.

HOWEVER.... If I load a pre-saved flight with a T6 I can make that work. It flies no problem. It's starting a flight from the flight menu that causes a problem.

If after I land I try to switch to another T6, flashing screen on that returns.

If I then switch back to the original T6 that I loaded with my saved flight, again the flashing returns.

If I switch to the A2A I get a message "Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect error restarting connection", the plane is set with full throttle and ignores any joystick or keyboard input for control axes. Switching to a "simple" aircraft, control is restored.

Loading a pre-saved flight with the Connie gives me a sim connect error as well.

I will try to set up a flight from the menu, save it, exit FS and return with it as the default flight.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh, the most recent windows update also did the flashing for Mike P on our team. It was a driver issue after windows update. You will want to go to the ATI or Nvidia site dependant on which graphics card you have and download the latest drivers for your card. That solved it for our guy Mike.

thanks,
Lewis

johnwillimas
Airman

Post by johnwillimas »

OK - looks like the "make a new flight as default" fixed it. Saved a new T6 flight as default, quit FSX and then reloaded. That works fine and I can switch to the C172 or the Connie from that no problem.

Thanks for the help.

:D :D :D

I'll explore the drivers issue too.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh beautiful, good hear 8)

Hope some new drivers will sort the flashing for you.

thanks,
Lewis

johnwillimas
Airman

Post by johnwillimas »

Yes, they seem to have fixed it. Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff. Happy flying in the virtual skies on your new updated system 8)

cheers,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”