MPH or KTS?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Alky
Senior Airman

MPH or KTS?

Post by Alky »

After several more or less successful fligts in the T-6, I noticed that the Pilot Notes (SHFT 2) and the manual refer to speeds in mph., and yet the airspeed indicator on my panel is in knots. Is this something that changed in the update or is it something that can be configured in the T-6 software. My head is too old for conversions on the fly, I'd prefer the notes and and manual are talking the same language. :)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: MPH or KTS?

Post by Jacques »

Alky, I think they created the T6 as it would be today, so knots and not mph. It is why the gauges are more modern in both appearance and units of measure! You can always create a card to have handy (x kts = y mph) for quick reference.

It is really only a few crtical benchmarks to learn, though!

Personally, I would have liked the option for a more vintage panel.

But I also realize that would have meant twice as much work for the 3d artist.

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hiya,

SHIFT+3

There is the option for the ASI in mph or kts.

Marcel

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yep correct. In the Shift+3 menu you can choose between kts and mph airspeed indicators.

A classic case of RTFM I guess :wink: :lol: :lol:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Alky
Senior Airman

Post by Alky »

Piper_EEWL wrote: A classic case of RTFM I guess :wink: :lol: :lol:
Believe me, I try but my old eyes and my old head sometimes miss stuff and don't always absorb the stuff I don't miss! :roll: :lol:
There it was... right on the SHFT 3 menu. 8)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Alky wrote:
Piper_EEWL wrote: A classic case of RTFM I guess :wink: :lol: :lol:
Believe me, I try but my old eyes and my old head sometimes miss stuff and don't always absorb the stuff I don't miss! :roll: :lol:
There it was... right on the SHFT 3 menu. 8)
I was just kidding of course! I have to stop making jokes like this.! Believe me I miss a lot too even though my not so old head :wink:

No hard feelings?! Glad you're all set.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Alky
Senior Airman

Post by Alky »

Piper_EEWL wrote: I was just kidding of course! I have to stop making jokes like this.! Believe me I miss a lot too even though my not so old head :wink:

No hard feelings?! Glad you're all set.

Happy flying
I guarantee I took no offense to your friendly poke. You're one of the most helpful people on this forum and appreciate your input in many different threads that I also read. :)

Alky
Senior Airman

Post by Alky »

So now that I have mph thing figured out, I thought this plane was a little faster. With MP at 34 and RPM at about 1850 all I'm getting is about 130 - 135 mph. Is that normal?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Alky wrote: I guarantee I took no offense to your friendly poke. You're one of the most helpful people on this forum and appreciate your input in many different threads that I also read. :)
Well thank you very much for the compliments. I'm glad that you find my posts helpful. But don't forget that the help came from Marcel. I just wanted to make a joke :wink:

This is an amazingly friendly and helpful forum. Great place to be.

Oh and yes. 130-135 mph with those power settings (manifold pressure being 24" not 34" :) ) seems about right. The T-6 is not a fast plane. I have to admit I was a bit suprised by that too! But then again look at it. It doesn't look like it's fast :lol:

Happy flying

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”