AP ALT Switch

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Alky
Senior Airman

AP ALT Switch

Post by Alky »

I can't seem to get the ALT switch to activate. I'm assuming this is just a basic alt hold for the autopilot. I have a button on my joystick set up in the configurator to activate the AP. I have visual confirmation on the side panel that the AP switch is moving. I've clicked on the ALT button during level flight with the AP on but it refuses to turn on. Is there a minimum altitude or do I have to hold the button down for a period before it activates. I read the relevant part in the manual but it didn't seem clear enough to me. What exactly does the ALT switch need from me to activate?
Thanks for an awesome aircraft model. :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: AP ALT Switch

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi George,

To activate the ALT button (the 'Altrak' part of the autopilot) its other component (the round 'Digitrak' gauge above it) must be activated beforehand. To do this, you'll need to make sure the autopilot master switch is on (the one down on the right side switch panel) then activate the autopilot with its inbuilt on/off switch. Finally, press the ALT button itself.

Reading your post, it sounds like this is what you're doing but what characters is the Digitrak display showing when you try to engage ALT? It should be either "–| – |–" or a compass heading depending on if you've got an active GPS. "– – –" or "OFF" indicates the AP is powered but switched off.

Maybe there's a control conflict or something which is preventing the button from engaging. Have you tried just clicking the ALT button in the virtual cockpit with your mouse?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes as Nick says, let us know how you are engaging 100% and then ignore your hardware and use just the mouse in the cockpit to help rule out mapping issue with hardware.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Alky
Senior Airman

Post by Alky »

Nick M wrote:Hi George,

To activate the ALT button (the 'Altrak' part of the autopilot) its other component (the round 'Digitrak' gauge above it) must be activated beforehand. To do this, you'll need to make sure the autopilot master switch is on (the one down on the right side switch panel) then activate the autopilot with its inbuilt on/off switch. Finally, press the ALT button itself.
Thanks Nick and Lewis. It appears that the "master" switch wasn't on. I was flying with only the AP switch on which I thought was all I needed. Once I flipped on the master, the Digitrak gauge came on and the whole thing worked like a charm. :)
I don't know how I missed that basic step, I guess more RTFM required! :D
Thank you both for your quick assistance! :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome George - glad you're back in business. :) Now you just need to remember "slow down and speed up": a slow flash of the ALT button means you should trim down and a speedier one tells you to trim up.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, happy flying

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”